Skymaster Forum  

Go Back   Skymaster Forum > Messages
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Unread 09-10-21, 11:56 AM

DarylG is on a distinguished road
Pressurized 337's

So my understanding is the P 337's only have 5 seats, as the FAA wouldn't certify them for 6 seats without an extra door. Can you add an extra seat as an after market thing?

I saw a listing the other day for one that was for a 6 seat pressurized model and it has me curious if that's allowed.
Unread 09-10-21, 05:01 PM

mshac is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarylG View Post
So my understanding is the P 337's only have 5 seats, as the FAA wouldn't certify them for 6 seats without an extra door. Can you add an extra seat as an after market thing?
Other than Regs, there's nothing stopping you from adding a sixth seat to a P-model. They use a different rear seat than the Non-P models, and each side (L/R) is unique due to the location of the outflow and safety valves on the rear bulkhead between the seatbacks. You would likely have to have the extra seat(s) made for you, but they are very simple seats, nothing fancy at all. They don't even use tracks, they sit on the floor. The seat belt when being worn holds the seat in place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarylG View Post
I saw a listing the other day for one that was for a 6 seat pressurized model and it has me curious if that's allowed.
That plane does not have six seats, it has four. The seller is the owner's daughter who knows zero about airplanes. But no it would not be allowed, and an insurance company could deny a claim based upon it.