Skymaster Forum  

Go Back   Skymaster Forum > Messages
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Unread 06-08-11, 02:05 AM

ConwayB is an unknown quantity at this point
Does the O-2A/C337 have an AFM?

Hi all,

I am of the belief... and I've found a letter from a person at Cessna to an O-2A owner dated 1994, that the O-2A / M337B does not have an approved flight manual because it is certified under FAA CAR 3. As such, it only requires placards.

Can anyone provide any concrete information on whether C337s in general are exempt from having an AFM. I am not talking about the Pilots Operating Handbook which Cessna puts out.

Any info (with appropriate references) would be greatly appreciated. I am about to do battle with our regulator here and most of the people here have very little knowledge about thy Skymaster and answers will be different depending on who you speak to or which office you go to. (I have heard it's the same in the US.)

Thanks in advance,

Conway

O-2A/M337B Australia
Unread 06-08-11, 03:47 PM
Forum Administrator

hharney is on a distinguished road
Try this link. It seems to be a good explanation. I do not have a AFM. They were not required until like 1979. Not sure if the H model had them or not.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...9160752AAeIG4V

Flying the same Skymaster for 47 years
Unread 06-09-11, 01:30 AM

Learjetter is on a distinguished road
While the O2 may not have an "AFM" per se, there is a USAF Technical Order that covers system descriptions, operations, checklists, emergency procedures, operations limits, and performance/weight and balance, etc. Don Neiser at Commodore Aerospace (http://www.02337parts.com/) would be a good source to look into it.
Unread 06-09-11, 05:11 AM

ConwayB is an unknown quantity at this point
Thanks gents

Thanks Herb, Learjetter,

I have the USAF flight manual, all the tech manuals, weapons manuals, etc, some courtesy of Don.

Herb, the reference you gave was a good source. The TCDS states that aircraft after a specific serial number must have an approved flight manual, but prior to that ser no it only has to have placards.

The problem I face is to satisfy the local regulator for an upcoming change of situation... So I need to have all my ducks in a row so I don't have to do the whole song and dance with them and I can give them ALL the correct info.

Once again, thanks very much. I will be posting another question about a flap problem I have.

Cheers

Conway