Skymaster Forum  

Go Back   Skymaster Forum > Aircraft For Sale
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 10-14-20, 07:47 AM

rrolland is on a distinguished road
The takeoff and approach/landing speeds with the Robertson STOL kit sound incredible. I have the Horton kit. I rotate at around 60 and usually cross the threshold at 70 and then let the speed decay until touchdown also at around 60. I am sure that there is still some lift there and I could probably be slower. There is no data in the POH associated with the Horton.

The P Skymaster needs to go high to get the speed. At low altitudes like 3 to 5 K, it does around 160 or so at 65% power. It really starts to get better at 10K and above. And it really shines in the 14 to 17 K range. Engines are also happy there with CHT's in the mid 300's in ISA +20 weather and cowl flaps closed.

I actually like the feel of the controls. I am sure that they feel heavy compared to a Bonanza. They are heavier than what I had on my previous type, a Rockwell 114, but to me at least well harmonized and provide a steady feel that is really good for what the airplane is designed for: travel. The elevator is quite powerful due to its size.

Richard