Skymaster Forum  

Go Back   Skymaster Forum > Messages
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 04-03-10, 01:59 AM

dwbomber is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Turbo-System Super Skymaster

I would recommend focusing on airframes, engines, and avionics. Paint & interior will not get you up or down, and can be upgraded at your pace and budget. I also believe that if you study the performance charts, you might choose (Like me) to only go with a Turbo model. The turbos were first installed on the "C" models in 1967. Also, do not buy a Skymaster thinking that they are inexpensive to maintain. They are complex, and finding a IA that really knows them can be pricey...But, I would not ever fly anything else. Once you get comfortable in a skymaster, you will understand. The reason they are so safe, is that right off the runway (again I mention the Turbos) you blast through single engine Vx & Vy. So with a Turbo System Super Skymaster, there is no "Critical" time to lose an engine. I am happy to fix any "Airworthy" problem, because that means that I caught it on the ground, and I will not put a price on the safety of my passengers or myself. I am befuddled why pilots,(most are kinda smart) do not flock to them....JIM