Skymaster Forum  

Go Back   Skymaster Forum > Messages
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Unread 03-11-03, 04:53 AM

Damon Banks is an unknown quantity at this point
Some more thoughts on your problem Rick...

I'm thinking that the problem is electrical, so I tend to suspect the gear switch itself...some of its poles are common to either supplying power to the green light, and power to the gear motor - seems a logical starting point for some testing for high resistance.

First though, I'd be keen to check your charging system voltage during gear retraction - a bit hard to do on jacks though!! Should do a load check on your alternators - if the system isn't coping with the current draw during gear motor operation, then you'll get the gear system doing some strange things...including popping the breaker for the pump (as the system voltage drops, the current draw increases, and pops the breaker). Maybe your alternators are needing brushes or a diode has died? I think the first stop should be testing your charging system...then look a little deeper - preferably without arbitary replacement of expensive bits!

I'd be keen to see if the problem shows itself while you've got the plane on jacks - and being driven by a ground power supply.

I'm still perplexed about the green light though!

Cheers,
Damon