Skymaster Forum  

Go Back   Skymaster Forum > Messages
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Unread 01-14-06, 04:53 PM

Paul462 is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy Wohin Zind Das Fuel Wire Konnectors?

Help! I'm trying to find some connectors on my 1968 T337C:

1. The 6-pin connector which connects the cieling fuel selector panel harness to the wing wires and panel wires for the fuel quantity indicators - is it behind the headliner somewhere?

2. What is the best way to access the wing disconnect connector (when you remove the wing) wich has the sensor wires from the fuel tank quantity sensors? I'm trying to locate the left wing connector.

As you may have guessed, we're trying to trouble-shoot my Front fuel quantity gage's demise - maybe a dirty connector.

Paul
Unread 01-15-06, 10:40 AM

Mark Hislop is an unknown quantity at this point
Paul:

I don't know if this varies from model to model, but in the 73 P337, the fuel quantity computer (or whatever it's called) is above the headliner, right over the copilot's seat. The wires from the fuel quantity indicators and the gages all terminate there, and that is also where the adjustments for high and low levels are made.

Mark
Unread 01-15-06, 04:52 PM

Pete Somers is an unknown quantity at this point
Paul

1968 T337C has standard fuel gauges, and the gauge is switched from AUX to MAIN using micro-switches on the selector. these were always a source of problems.

If the fuel gauge does the same on AUX and on MAIN the problem lies from the micro switch to the guage.

If you are having problems with one selection, this is a problem with the tank unit.
Take off the little panels on the fuel tank panels on top of the wing, take off the wire on each tank unit, both selections should show full scale. Touch each one to ground and it should show zero, if they both do that the wiring is ok and the tank units are faulty.

The wing break plug is at the rear of the wing root, take the small panels of nearest the wing root and the wing root cuff and you will the plug tied up i there.

Also check to make sure that the bonding straps from each tank unit is clean as over time they get corroded.

Cheers
Pete
Unread 01-25-06, 07:47 AM

Paul462 is an unknown quantity at this point
Thanks for the input, guys! We're trying out your suggestions this week.

Paul