Skymaster Forum  

Go Back   Skymaster Forum > Messages
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 12-27-20, 10:04 PM

Timcote1960 is on a distinguished road
337 fly in NH Sept 17-19, 2021?

All,

Dreaming of flying plans for 2021? My wife is such a good sport, she loves a good party and is offering to help me organize a 337 Fly-in.

KLCI sits in the New Hampshire hamlet of Laconia NH. On the shores of Lake Winnipesaukee and at the foothills of the White Mountains, has great fall foliage. KLCI previously hosted a fly-in for about 40 Grumman owners and say they could handle the likes of us. There is space at the airport for some 337 mechanical seminars (if someone want to take the lead on that, I'd love to hear it).

I'm thinking Sept 17-19, 2021. I have a lake house on Lake Winni in the town of Moultonboro. My wife Dina has agreed we could cram up to a dozen Skythrasher-lovers into it for a weekend. The drive from KLCI to the lakehouse is about 35min, or I could shuttle you in my 206 on amphibs in about 10min.

New England isn't exactly centrally located, but it sure is beautiful. Is there sufficient interest to make this happen? I'd consider even 3 Skymasters a success.

What say?

Tim
Norm Asp 337G N122WB
Unread 12-28-20, 06:35 AM

GAdams is on a distinguished road
I'm in Maine at that time of year with my Skymaster, I'll put it on my calendar. Sounds like fun.
Unread 12-28-20, 10:47 AM
Forum Administrator

hharney is on a distinguished road
Sounds awesome. Great time of year to do this in the area. Hoping the pandemic will be far enough down the road to allow folks to be comfortable with the gathering. Could be a really good event. Thanks for volunteering to put this on.

Are there accommodations around the area to offer place to stay while there?

Flying the same Skymaster for 47 years
Unread 12-28-20, 11:28 AM

cessnadriver is on a distinguished road
337 fly in NH Sept 17-19, 2021?

Timcote1960. Sound good to me and my wife. She has family at Bar Harbor, Maine. New Hampshire can't be that far. Making it a long weekend trip. We're from Franklin, Pa. and am always looking for places to go together. Checking the map, I see we fly within about 20 NM north of KLCI along the flight to KBHB!

Last edited by cessnadriver : 12-28-20 at 11:32 AM.
Unread 12-28-20, 06:35 PM

Alright, the wife is psyched!

There are many places for accommodations in Laconia NH which, being a lakeside community at the foot of the White Mountains, is replete with facillities for tourists.

A great place for a fly-in dinner will be Hart's Turkey Farm, a massive resturaunt that has been in biz for maybe 80 years there. Yes, they grow their own turkeys.

There is some fantastic hiking near there in the foothills of the Whites. I myself have adopted a trail to clear for other hikers, but if there are no blow-downs to cut up you will find Mt Chochorua, perhaps the most photographed mountain in America, waiting for you there.

I will appreciate any help with the program---I'm a relative newbie to Skymasters (hell, flying in general), and am by no means an expert at structuring the technical (ie most interesting) part of the event. There is so much collective talent here I'm sure it will fall into place if people step up.

I can commit to at least a monthly update on plans for the fly-in. As an epidemiologist physician I do think we can predict a fully vaccinated population by September 2021. And I know we are all itching to get into rich social interaction. Let's work towards this.

Tim Cote
N629GC, P337G
Norm Asp 337G N122WB
Unread 12-29-20, 07:42 AM

patrolpilot is on a distinguished road
Good ways for me (KVCT), but I will watch to see what happens. I could visit my daughter at KISP as well.
Unread 12-29-20, 08:33 AM

Learjetter is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrolpilot View Post
Good ways for me (KVCT), but I will watch to see what happens. I could visit my daughter at KISP as well.
It's a long haul for us as well from OKC, but we've got family near KDXR, so maybe combine a visit with them before the fly-in.
Unread 12-29-20, 10:38 AM

Snake is on a distinguished road
Support

I look forward to supporting. If able will bring a M337B. In meantime if you are looking for support, please let me know. I am in ME. Off and on to the forum. Been flying the Skymaster primarily for work since 2004. A little over 5800 hrs and 8+ versions. Help with logistics? Please drop me an email. v/r snake
Unread 12-29-20, 03:37 PM
bigcheese

n86121 is on a distinguished road
Noted in calender - will try to make it this year from Wash DC

Based at my very own www.potomac-airfield.com next to downtown Wash DC
(My motto, "who says national security can't be fun?")

I will try to make it this time.

Schedule conflicts keep creeping up, but hopefully not this time.

D
Fort Washington, MD 20744
Unread 12-29-20, 04:48 PM

Cessna Driver, Keep in mind I live on Mt Desert all summer so be sure to say hello when you are in Bar Harbor. That applies to anyone who visits BHB. The lobsters are abundant, chap and good tasting.
Unread 12-29-20, 05:01 PM

Snake is on a distinguished road
Other end of state -

Outside of SFM. If any of you need support, I am often around. Hope to visit you up north on the "island". My wife was stationed there in CG during the early 80s.
Unread 12-30-20, 09:09 PM

cartrm is on a distinguished road
Only an hour and a half for me from the Ottawa area. If the border is open by then, I’m in.
Unread 01-03-21, 03:14 PM

Skymasterdriver is on a distinguished road
If god willing

My wife and I try to take a couple of weeks around September 14 being it’s our anniversary date and have been wanting to see the fall colors back in your neck of the woods. If 53504 has its clear bill of health by then we would love to have a destination spot. We probably would visit then venture onto wallkill Ny. Let’s see what this year brings.

Last edited by Skymasterdriver : 01-03-21 at 03:22 PM.
Unread 01-04-21, 07:40 PM

NH Fly-in, yes, it's a PLAN!

Ok, it's officially a plan! The wife is psyched to make up hats or t-shirts or both! Preferences? Good places to stay, good places to eat, maybe climb a little peak overlooking the lake, a tech talk or two and a mess of 337s on a single ramp. The guys at the FBO are likewises psyched---why wouldn't they be---and they hosted 40 Grunman's a few years back to they're ready (though we are a weirder lot....).

By September 17-19, 2021 I say we should have COVID wrestled to the ground, or my credentials as an epidemiologist physician are worthless (do get the damn vaccine as soon as you can).

Tim
Norm Asp 337G N122WB
Unread 01-05-21, 11:07 AM

Down East side trip

We live on Mt Desert where Acadia National Park is located. I would volunteer to lead a trip to BHB and perhaps organize a bus/van for a trip to Bass Harbor Lighthouse and lunch at Seafood Ketch. Outdoor dining with a scenic view of a real commercial working Maine Harbor.

Would that be something anyone would be interested? Timing could be adjustable. Before or after the 17-19 event.

We also have contacts in Eastport ME to do a similar trip.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: