Skymaster Forum  

Go Back   Skymaster Forum > Messages
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Unread 05-06-05, 03:14 AM

sunnysky is an unknown quantity at this point
Stall warner heater.

Anyone know of a fix for the heater on the stall warning vane. Mine has decided not to heat. From Cessna it is necessary to buy the whole stall warning unit, about $2000 !!! The heating material appears to be a "mesh" covering the vane itself.
Thanks.
Sunnysky.
Unread 05-06-05, 08:55 AM
Owner 337H N337DC

Dale Campbell is an unknown quantity at this point
Stall warning heater

I just had mine replaced 2 years ago at O&N at the Factoryville, Seamans airport {9N3} on annual. They charged me I think $600 for that item. Talk to Dennis 570-945-3769. You should never turn that thing on except in flight, because it gets very hot very fast and it needs the airflow to keep it from over heating. People that test it leave it on to long which burns it out on us. Dale Campbell

Last edited by Dale Campbell : 05-06-05 at 08:59 AM.
Unread 05-06-05, 09:17 AM

kevin is on a distinguished road
I had the tiny wires the connect to it come loose. We carefully resoldered them, got it to work for another couple of years. Eventually I had to replace it, paid the $2K. With I had know about O&N...

Kevin
Unread 05-06-05, 02:45 PM

DHatfield is an unknown quantity at this point
I just replaced mine last week. I called the mfg (Safe-Flight) about repairing it (a wire had pulled out of the heating pad on the mounting plate). Safe-Flight did not really want to talk to me since I was not a Repair Station, but they did say they would overhaul it for $1025. Turn around would be 25 days. They will AOG it for a 15% surcharge which would reduce the turn-around to a week. If your FBO calls them, the price will be somewhat less, although they would not tell me how much. They would not repair it, only overhaul. I was not too impressed with their customer service.

I chose to get a rebuilt unit from Preferred Airparts. They were very friendly and had one in stock for $1050.

David