Skymaster Forum  

Go Back   Skymaster Forum > Messages
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Unread 09-05-07, 10:16 AM

Rick Gardner is an unknown quantity at this point
FLY-IN to Mexico

My original idea for a SOAP FLY-IN down here to Mexico was for a vacation adventure to go visit archeological sites, colonial cities, caribbean beaches or whatever combinations of destinations would be appealing. I agree that it would not make a lot of sense to come all the way down here and be inside a conference room all day.

If there is interest, I would be happy to make a presentation at the next annual SOAP FLY-IN on what flying in Mexico and the Yucatan Peninsula with us is all about. If we can get enough pilots interested, we would be happy to organize a special FLY-IN for SOAP memebrs or have them join one of our scheduled FLY-IN's.

We recently switched aircraft to a Skymaster because of the special characteristics that it posseses. There are many fascinating places that we can explore with these aircraft that tourists flying commercial airlines will never see. The Yucatan Peninsula is our home and we know the people and the area well, it would be a pleasure to share it with those who would like to come.
Unread 09-09-07, 01:58 PM

Skymaster337B is an unknown quantity at this point
May I suggest NEW MEXICO instead. Not quite as much corruption as Mexico, no need for more insurance, and some of the most spectacular scenery in the country. No beaches but plenty of lakes -- some with runways very close by.