Go Back   Skymaster Forum > Messages
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 06-13-03, 06:35 AM
N456TL

Dave Underwood is on a distinguished road
Form 337's for Skymasters

Members, would it be an idea to create a section on the board where people could list mods they have done by way of 337 field approvals and or any 8110-3 paperwork they have for Skymasters.

I am particularly interested in radio mods done on 337's by way of 337's (how is that for a bit of confusion), as I have to update my RT428's Nav/Com's because of the FM Immunity rules here in Europe.

The FAA seems to want more and more approved data to sign off any mods. I agree that some data should be provided, but they appear to have tightened up and want a lot more. That said, if someone has already done a mod or installed new equipment, providing a copy of that existing 337 approval seems to provide the required approved data. That is certainly the case for my local FAA Office. You can also see the June AOPA page 133.

A couple of examples:
1) If anyone needs to put holes on either firewall, through the pressure vessel, as I had to for the installation of my JPI, I have 337 paperwork supported by a DER signed 8110-3.
2) I also installed M20 Air/Oil separators and have that approved 337 paperwork as well.

If anyone needed a copy of these, I would be glad to provide it, as it would save others both time and money.

Regards Dave