Skymaster Forum  

Go Back   Skymaster Forum > Messages
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Unread 06-23-21, 09:31 PM

Rick Erwin is on a distinguished road
Need copy of Form 337

I have a Reims FT337GP. Essentially, the same airplane as the Kansas built T337G, in fact the two airplanes use the same Service Manual and Parts Manual.

Given that when Garmin STC'd the GNS430 (non-WAAS) they did so using a Piper PA-32, and since they did not create an AML, all IFR approved installations, other than in a PA-32, had to have a Form 337 submitted for a Field Approval for those non-WAAS units to be used as IFR navigators.

When Garmin STC'd the WAAS capable GNS430W they created an AML for the unit, but they did not include the Reims built airplanes on that AML, even though they did include their Kansas built sisters.

I have a GNS 430 (non-WAAS) that was not Field Approved, so right now it is only good as a VFR navigator. At a bare minimum I would like to get a Field Approval for it so it could be used as an IFR navigator.

However, I’d rather install a previously owned WAAS capable GNS430W as an IFR navigator, in which case I’d still need a Field Approval. To that end, my IA says it would be beneficial if I had a copy of paperwork (WAAS, and/or non-WAAS) that has already been FAA approved for an FT337GP to use as a basis for my filling out of a Form 337 for my own GNS430W field approval.

So, … is there anyone here with an FT337GP that has either a non-WAAS GNS430 <or> a WAAS capable GNS430W that has had a Form 337 filled out and accepted by the FAA for a Field Approval? If you do not mind sharing, it would save a LOT of effort vs starting from ground zero.

Additionally, I will need a copy of the appropriate GNS430 (non-WAAS or WAAS) Flight Manual Supplement, as I will also have to create one of those to submit with the Form 337 for the Field Approval also.

Thanks,

Rick