Skymaster Forum  

Go Back   Skymaster Forum > Messages
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 11-20-20, 10:22 AM
Administrator

Ernie Martin is an unknown quantity at this point
Flight Instructions for a Skymaster

My 28 year old daughter wanted me to show her how to fly my Skymaster so I wrote her abbreviated instructions which I'm attaching here.

It is NOT comprehensive enough for learning to fly, but it may be adequate for your spouse or adult children to learn how to handle the airplane, especially if the pilot becomes unresponsive.

It's short because ground school is often boring and I don't want her to lose interest. So some things, like using the radios, are missing because I'm planning to show her inflight. I figure (hope?) that she'll read this, go flying with me, love it, and then go get formal instructions.

I've tried to make it general enough so that it can be used on other Skymasters, but the instructions are in Microsoft Word format, so you can modify them to reflect your needs.

I'm not a flight instructor but I'm an aerospace engineer (MS Caltech) and have owned 3 Skymasters for the past 20 years. Full disclosure: my education and experience didn't keep me from ditching my 2nd Skymaster in Bahamian waters when both engines quit.

Ernie
Attached Files
File Type: doc ABBREVIATED FLIGHT INSTRUCTIONS P.doc (421.5 KB, 781 views)

Last edited by Ernie Martin : 11-20-20 at 10:24 AM.