Skymaster Forum  

Go Back   Skymaster Forum > Messages
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Unread 03-23-17, 05:11 PM

SkyMac is on a distinguished road
Hi John

No final update, it will come soon. Again O/S so everything comes to a halt whilst I am away. Good news is everything is done except for refitting the new interior.

Engines runs are now done, below is a photo from my guys after the engine runs and on it's way back to the hanger to be tucked away until I return.

*Refit new interior
*W&B
*CoA
* Then fly!!!

Dave
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0540[1].JPG
Views:	1114
Size:	319.1 KB
ID:	1734  
Unread 03-23-17, 05:12 PM

kilr4d is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyMac View Post
Hi John

No final update, it will come soon. Again O/S so everything comes to a halt whilst I am away. Good news is everything is done except for refitting the new interior.

Engines runs are now done, below is a photo from my guys after the engine runs and on it's way back to the hanger to be tucked away until I return.

*Refit new interior
*W&B
*CoA
* Then fly!!!

Dave
Looks incredible Dave. You must be DYING to get up in the air.
CNC3
Unread 03-25-17, 12:17 PM

AP AVM is on a distinguished road
Great to another Skymaster was restored as a restoration project. I thought I was the only aircraft Nut to take a Skymaster restoration on these forms. Your bird looks great and as others I can't wait to see your aircraft fly again!

Here you can see all the updates of my project. I have sourced 5th n 6th seats, first parts for interior and couple of control yokes that will be arriving soon.

https://m.facebook.com/Cessnaskymast...urce=typeahead
Unread 04-14-17, 07:07 PM

Hi Everyone

Just landed back in Aus, I had the guys bring the aircraft out storage and into the maintianence hanger during the week in readiness for my return. One more internal flight to go.

I will post some more photos as I refit the new interior over the next few days, W&B booked in for week after next, then COA.

Then fly!!!

Dave
Unread 05-07-17, 06:09 PM

Hi Everyone

Well a busy few weeks, lots of evenings and big weekends since getting back into Aus finishing the old bus.

Interior back in, W&B done, just waiting for the CoA, avionics sign off, then off we go.

I have a question and an ask, I need help from those having 74G. They are related to the middle seat (been 7 years since it was disassembled) and the manual is just not that specific.

First question: When you move the white knob located on the front lower right of the seat base which releases the back rest's, do they spring forward by themselves?

The ask : Middle seatbelt locations, I am not happy with the location, could I get a photo of the belt mounting on another 74G for the middle seat.

Some photo's of the interior......

Dave
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Capture1.JPG
Views:	1060
Size:	159.4 KB
ID:	1748   Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture2.JPG
Views:	997
Size:	115.4 KB
ID:	1749   Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture33.JPG
Views:	993
Size:	109.9 KB
ID:	1750  
Unread 05-07-17, 06:19 PM

kilr4d is on a distinguished road
Quote:

First question: When you move the white knob located on the front lower right of the seat base which releases the back rest's, do they spring forward by themselves?
Yes they do...I've attached a picture of mine a couple weeks ago prior to interior removal. Not great pic, but....

Quote:
The ask : Middle seatbelt locations, I am not happy with the location, could I get a photo of the belt mounting on another 74G for the middle seat.
Dave
Send me your email address and I'll send you a link to my album of interior pics prior to taking it apart.

Your aircraft looks just amazing btw.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_20170317_120304.jpg
Views:	1056
Size:	865.8 KB
ID:	1751  
CNC3
Unread 06-29-17, 07:34 AM

Hi Everyone

Latest news, yesterday after 7 years and a total ground up restoration the old girl flew for the first time.

A 20 minute flight to check the basics, then back on deck for a thorough inspection. All good and back in the air for 70 minute flight, again testing all systems numerous times.

Finally we finished the day with another 60 minutes of flying conducting more checks.

We are all set to commence some cross country flights as we bed in the front engine.

Stalls like a dream, clean and dirty. Handles brilliantly, easy to stabilise and trim, then hands off.

Regards
Dave

Pictures to follow.