Skymaster Forum  

Go Back   Skymaster Forum > Messages
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 02-22-20, 12:53 AM

GMPoland is on a distinguished road
Hyd Pumps

Both of my pumps were returned from qaa as unserviceable. No luck on locating replacements within reason. Any serviceable cores available ? Alternate Part numbers ? Many accessory overhaul shops cannot get parts. My quote was over 3000 each for overhauled units without cores. This may ground a few of us unless a source for parts or alternate part can be located.
Any members have a solution?
Unread 02-22-20, 09:20 AM

TomeHill79 is on a distinguished road
This repair shop has rebuilt on of my landing gear door actuators. Maybe they could repair your pumps or point you in the right direction.

https://coxairparts.com/
Unread 02-22-20, 09:53 AM

Hyd pumps.

I spoke with Power pacs + and quality. Was going to call Tulsa ,Cox and two shops in Atlanta that I know of. There is a shortage of pump parts or kits. And now rebuildable cores. According those two sources. A few pumps are available but price is upwards of 1700 + 1500 core. I used the controller and wb parts, part locator. My particular situation is that I bought two used pumps that were overhauled in 2010 had maybe 250 hours on aircraft. I installed on my aircraft and both would not make pressure. So I sent in to quality and wound up with both pumps having unserviceable cases, shafts, gears and scoring on bearing surfaces. I had them return units to me. So I can only assume that pumps installed on my aircraft may be suspect as well. Front one function checks okay however rear takes over 8 seconds to return handle to neutral. My SN is 0127 so I have old system with optional rear pump.
Unread 02-24-20, 09:31 AM

JAG is on a distinguished road
GM Poland,
Are you sure you have a pump problem, and not an internal leak on an actuator? How long does it take for the landing gear to go up and down - is it within limits per the manual? Did you compare cycle times in flight versus use of hydraulic cart?

By using an external hydraulic cart, you take your pump out of the system and are able to compare the two. If the external cart is faster, then likely you have leakage in your pump. If they both exceed the time limit, you likely have an internal leakage and most often in an actuator. Lastly, it could be internal leakage in the power pack.

If your handle takes 8 seconds to go to neutral, you are still within limits. Cessna allows 3 to 9 seconds for the time-delay valve to release (at room temperature) - longer delay if it is colder. This can also be adjusted if you need, but keep the setting in the mid-range to ensure enough time for the gear doors to be full closed.

Jeff
Unread 02-24-20, 02:56 PM

Hyd pumps

I have not used a mule yet. Rear pump suspect. I have been using procedure described in maint manual by using 1 engine on for each pump. We have rebuild all actuators and replaced all hoses. System was bled with original pumps and use of a drill. Functioned normally. Rear was slow to cycle compared to front. It is an original 1965 pump. I had purchased the two pumps in question to replace my originals. One was good. One was not. Sent both in to qaa and got my surprise.
Unread 02-24-20, 09:47 PM

Hyd Pumps

Thanks for the info. Located a hydraulic mule at last and going to check system during annual next week. Still doing the search for pumps or info on overhaul kits and parts .

Last edited by GMPoland : 02-24-20 at 09:50 PM.
Unread 02-26-20, 06:04 PM

wslade2 is on a distinguished road
Hmmm. Going through the pump issue myself. "stole" one of quality's good pumps a few weeks ago. I haven't sent my core in yet. Wonder if it will be good. If it is, wonder if can direct it your way....

be aware. slight mixup slowed things down: rear pump is a little different than front pump in terms of drain port location where mounts to engine block. check "dash numbers" on the pumps. I have an E model with dual pumps.

if my core is bad, I already know it will be $2000 on top of the cost of the pump. so yes expensive.

Last edited by wslade2 : 02-26-20 at 06:06 PM.
Unread 02-28-20, 05:57 PM

Skymaster337B is an unknown quantity at this point
Eaton makes these pumps. But I don’t know what the new part number is.
Unread 02-29-20, 11:29 PM

Hyd pump

Thanks for the reply’s. Still working the issues.
Unread 03-05-20, 09:59 PM

wslade2 is on a distinguished road
I just sent my rear core in to Quality. should be arriving any day. it's a 20240-ICF (be sure to note dash number/letters). Should be serviceable/rebuildable as it was making pressure when I took it off.

Last edited by wslade2 : 03-05-20 at 10:01 PM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: