Skymaster Forum  

Go Back   Skymaster Forum > Messages
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 10-17-16, 01:30 AM

AP AVM is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyMac View Post
I hear what your saying, you may want to spend some time having a good look with a borescope under all the floor panels to inspect in more detail each section to asses the possibility of further corrosion.

There are numerous pathways, two that come to mind are purchase new skins,ribs and sheet metal or purchase a hull to obtain the parts. The hull option might be a direction as you may be needing a lot of parts other than what you see now.

Either way your desire to return this aircraft to flightworthy is admirable, the cost will be considerable, and for that you must be prepared.

Give Don a call at Commodore Aerospace.

Dave
Hello Dave

I will buy boroscope and a inspectors light to check all the accessible areas under the flooring. I am trying to connect with Don but I think he is away now days.

Thanks for the encouragement, this is what I need the most as moral support for this project. I am thinking about buying a flyable donor aircraft with annual and low time engInes on it, but I still want to go as far as possible to make original AVM flyable again.

Once I've followed your recommendation, I will update you on here. Thanks Dave...