Skymaster Forum  

Go Back   Skymaster Forum > Messages
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Unread 12-15-15, 03:05 PM

ted quinn is on a distinguished road
stall/gear warning

My c337g as developed a very low stall/gear warning volume.
This problem has become increasingly worse.
Unread 12-19-15, 01:15 AM

kbecker is on a distinguished road
The stall warning horn works via a paper cone speaker. It is either damaged or the contacts at the speaker or stall switch have become corroded.
Unread 01-22-16, 08:52 AM

chrisktx is on a distinguished road
Dang. Lost my last post

I believe models up to 74 have a dual stall/gear warning system. It looks like the box has two speakers out of it. Found it yesterday. Just under the pilots right knee in the center console will get you access to the back side of the box. Speakers face copilots side. If both speakers fading, might be a grounding issue. I believe its the brown wire coming out of the box. Follow that and clean up the ground point.

I think newer models moved the dual warning box (not sure where) and ran the audible through the overhead speaker. Might be worth checking the ground, speaker condition there too. Cardboard cones don't last.

Not to steal this thread but we've been chasing a somewhat similar issue. Service manual says the green gear indicator light you can push 'midway' with throttles at idle and do a audible warning test of the gear warning system. So far no success on getting that to happen. The button/green push to test works fine but it doesn't feel like it has a midway point. Didn't get time to really dig into the troubleshoot. Going to check throttle body microswitches today...
Unread 01-22-16, 02:56 PM
bigcheese

n86121 is on a distinguished road
Smile 1969 stall warning

Mine has a primitive buzzer. But then again, it was the technology that landed on the moon in 1969.

There is a small screw that adjusted the clearance on the buzzing bit, that needed adjusting so the buzzer would 'buzz' instead of hummm

As I recall.....

D
Fort Washington, MD 20744
Unread 01-23-16, 05:54 PM
Forum Administrator

hharney is on a distinguished road
From ChrisKTx: (above)Not to steal this thread but we've been chasing a somewhat similar issue. Service manual says the green gear indicator light you can push 'midway' with throttles at idle and do a audible warning test of the gear warning system. So far no success on getting that to happen. The button/green push to test works fine but it doesn't feel like it has a midway point. Didn't get time to really dig into the troubleshoot. Going to check throttle body microswitches today...[/quote]

This is a test for the gear horn system that you describe above. Turn on the master, push the green gear indicator all the way down to check the light and push the green gear indicator half way down to test the horn.

Description in the POH. Mine works as advertised

Flying the same Skymaster for 47 years
Unread 03-01-17, 12:07 PM

kilr4d is on a distinguished road
Checked my stall warning today...VERY faint.

I mean in the hangar, doors closed, no ambient noise and everyone has to stop talking...then you can hear it.

Just out of curiousity, is there an amplifier between the stall switch and the speaker in the overhead console?

Thanks,

John

Last edited by kilr4d : 03-01-17 at 12:12 PM.