Skymaster Forum  

Go Back   Skymaster Forum > Messages
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Unread 04-26-17, 10:02 AM

rmorris is an unknown quantity at this point
Cessnas To OshKosh (C2O)

Most know by now that I participate every year with a formation fly-in group to OshKosh....here's the home page link:
http://cessnas2oshkosh.com/1000home.aspx

it's a lot of fun, all Cessna aircraft are invited to participate...in fact ever since the Cardinal type club found out, there are lots of them that join up each year....just wish there were more Skymasters...would be cool to see a bunch of us in formation!

Anyway, one of the requirements to participate in the actual fly-in is to attend one of the training clinics held throughout the US on different dates to try and make it most convenient for folks. In fact, I am visiting NC this week and leading a clinic this Saturday at the Charlotte-Monroe Executive Airport (KEQY) at noon. Attending the formation flying clinic does not obligate you to do the C2O fly-in at OSH, so worth attending even if you just want to learn more about formation flying and share some camaraderie with fellow pilots.

The airport has an unrelated pancake breakfast and FAA safety seminar in the morning. Then I am kicking off the formation flying clinic in the afternoon. So you can make a day of it, or just come at noon

if you have an interest in attending the clinic, please let me know ahead of time so we can get an idea of possible attendance - email me at networkgunslinger@gmail.com

-Robert

PS. Please help spread the word about the clinic this weekend...even if you can't attend, tell all your fellow pilots in the Southeast
Unread 04-28-17, 04:36 PM

Eeubanks is on a distinguished road
Can't make NC, but maybe Ft. Collins. Sounds like lots o fun. planning on first year to OSH in the skymaster anyhow.-Ed
Unread 04-28-17, 04:43 PM

skymaster to OSH

Great!

Would be nice to have more folks attend my clinic in NC...but regardless of where you attend the training, just attend....the training itself is fun, even if you don't intend on going to OSH....then if you do decide to do OSH, participation in C2O is a blast.....I've done the RIPON arrival and I've done the C2O mass formation arrival....by far, I feel the C2O arrival to be much, much safer and less stressful as well.

When you do RIPON, you better have your head on a swivel. It is fun to 'rock your wings'...but there are a LOT of others coming in at the same time, to the same spot in space....some less safe than others...

On the other hand, C2O is done in a very safe manner: we all take off from UNU together, fly in formation, then land (usually) on the main show runway (36)....then we all taxi to the same area and park together. We have a big tent where we show movies at night, popcorn machine and all. great family outing...then the Bonanzas to Osh guys park next door...and they have the margarita mixer blasting as we pull in...so you have that option as well.

But it all starts with taking the formation flying clinic.
Unread 04-28-17, 07:04 PM

thinking the margarita mixer cinched it for the boss 😉, Know what you mean about ripcon even in an aztruck was scary( almost like watching a WWI dogfight)
Split between the CO and GA clinic any limits on numbers of attendees?-Ed
Unread 05-22-17, 04:22 PM

C2o

No limit on number of attendees for the training, but I think they have a limit on planes that can fly the actual arrival. So if you re thinking of doing it, go ahead and register to grab a spot. There is a cancellation window (you will have to verify that of course) that gets you your money back if you change your plans.

it will be fun to have multiple Skymasters/O2s in the arrival this year. to see us all fly in, and park together, should be awesome.
Unread 05-22-17, 07:08 PM

c2o

got my slot(#37) for OSH, heading to GA Thursday for the clinic!! sooo excited 😊
Unread 06-02-17, 10:14 PM

So it looks like we have 2 337s doing the formation flight....any others?