Skymaster Forum  

Go Back   Skymaster Forum > Messages
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Unread 10-26-02, 12:00 PM

kevin is on a distinguished road
AOPA Expo

Bob asked what was new at AOPA Expo. I have been working at this show, some for $, and some doing favors for friends(videotaping seminars). I'm also here to evaluate a business opportunity that I might decide to invest a little time and money in. So the only time I have been to the show floor yet is to talk to specific folks about this opportunity. I just raced past the other booths.

All those excuses made, here are some stream of consci. thoughts:

* The show is well attended, show floor is very busy, vendors are happy. This is markedly different from Oshkosh where many vendors had decided not to come back in 2003, and some vendors (Sportys for example) from years past were not at OSH this year. Palm Springs International parking closed up, they were parking airplanes in Thermal, or someplace like that, I heard...

* Carbonaero is here with production prototype, or first production bird, whatever. On the show floor they have a mockup of a Carbonaero fuselage with twin Williams jet engines on the back, says A700 on the tail. I asked one Adam employee if this was a response to the Eclipse, and he said simply "yes".

* There are exactly 1264 vendors here selling in cockpit weather uplink or downlink. (OK, I'm exaggerating, but there are a LOT, way too many to survive.)

* Maverick jet is here, they told a friend that they were ready to ship their really cool looking small jet for $750,000 all up, out the door, order today, you get one in November. He did not mention to me, and I wonder if they mentioned to him, that (according to a competitor, I have not checked) this price is for a *kit*... I surely looks cool though, I am going to visit them today...

* I saw Jim Muse here, who drove in. There are several Skymasters here on the ramp, just in the part I saw while being driven to the FBO, but I have not hooked up with anyone else. Had a very enjoyable lunch with Jim yesterday...

Other than that, the vendors at the show are the ones you expect, including Riley and Eclipse for those that asked about them, but I have not run across anything earth shaking or really new... But then it took me two days to hear that they caught the sniper... that's how clued in I am ;-)

Kevin

Last edited by kevin : 10-26-02 at 03:18 PM.
Unread 10-26-02, 01:34 PM

Guy Paris is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool Hey Kevin,

good luck on the opportunitys and enjoy.... Guy....old72driver....