Skymaster Forum  

Go Back   Skymaster Forum > Messages
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Unread 10-25-02, 12:28 AM

SkyKing is on a distinguished road
Argus 5000 & 7000 Lithium Battery Replacement

Does anyone know what the 'generic' part number or equivalent lithium battery replacement is for the Argus 5000 and 7000 Moving Map Displays that might be available through Newark or Allied Electronics, or some other electronics outlet?

Eventide gets $60 for their solder-in battery (P/N 427012) but I'm sure there's a generic model for much, much less.

SkyKing
Unread 10-25-02, 09:56 AM
N69S

Bob Cook is an unknown quantity at this point
re batteries

Skyking

You need to take the battery apart and see what kind it is. Usually there is an OEM number that can be cross referenced. The size is a give-away and from that you can determine the manufacturer.

I think asking this question is rather futile since there are few around and usually the radio shop does the swap. Perhaps a radio shop might be able to help.

sorry can't help

Bob
Unread 10-27-02, 01:47 AM

SkyKing is on a distinguished road
Red face

Hey Bob,

No kidding (the taking it apart part... yep, in due course!) I just hadn't gotten that far... and this was asked to kinda see who else on here might have one installed and see what their experience had been with the battery replacing. I have the Newark and Allied books out, but you're right, until I dig into it we won't know the type.

BTW we just brought home a 7000 with the bigger screen and I'm REALLY surprised more pilots haven't installed this type of CRT display as the sharpness and clarity is far superior to any of the of the more popular moving maps... and the nice thing is the later versions have Flight Planning Plus software, a flight recorder and of course color... not to mention you can pretty much keep your center stack together without tearing everything to pieces. Now the dilemma will be which one to install, the 5000 or 7000.

"Futile" is a such a discouraging word... I always try and think along the lines of being creatively optimistic.

SkyKing