Skymaster Forum  

Go Back   Skymaster Forum > Messages
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Unread 07-27-22, 09:39 AM

GJ Humphrey is an unknown quantity at this point
79 T337 G

My 72 T337 G (MT composite props) has been hangar-ed for a couple of years, along with my medical certificate. During this time, I've lost contact with the Skymaster community and have no idea what the airplane is worth, whether there is any demand for twins, etc.

Does anyone have a suggestion on how I can find a worthy next owner for this great airplane? I don't want to sell it to someone who doesn't have an appreciation for Skymasters. Not looking to make big bucks on a sale.

Thanks.

GJ Humphrey
N3CU
Concord, NH
Unread 08-08-22, 07:57 AM
Forum Administrator

hharney is on a distinguished road
Your post is titled 1979 337, your thread says 1972 337 and your profile says 1973 337. Lots of confusion here with what vintage your plane is. The market is a sellers advantage. If your plane is turnkey it's probably worth more than you paid for it. If it's been sitting and is not in current annual or use then that's a whole other animal. This puts your plane in a huge questionable situation as the buyer has no idea what he is getting.

My suggestion is go to the normal internet sales sites, Controller-Trade A Plane-ASO-Barnstormers and get some ideas of how to present your plane by listing the items buyers want to see and know. It's pretty easy once you see a few ads. You don't have to look for Skymaster listings just any light twin listings will be good enough to get the idea.

Now that you can see what you have in a sellers format you just have to come up with a price. Don't be too quick to do that until you have researched the market a little for similar planes. The market has been good to sellers but specifically Skymasters maybe not as much but still better than 3 years ago

Flying the same Skymaster for 47 years
Unread 08-08-22, 10:07 AM

mshac is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by GJ Humphrey View Post
My 72 T337 G (MT composite props) has been hangar-ed for a couple of years, along with my medical certificate. During this time, I've lost contact with the Skymaster community and have no idea what the airplane is worth, whether there is any demand for twins, etc.

Does anyone have a suggestion on how I can find a worthy next owner for this great airplane? I don't want to sell it to someone who doesn't have an appreciation for Skymasters. Not looking to make big bucks on a sale.

Thanks.

GJ Humphrey
N3CU
Concord, NH
PM Sent.

I was reading your older posts where you had an ongoing issue of low manifold pressure and bootstrapping in the rear engine. Did you ever get this issue resolved? If so, how? Thanks for any and all info.