Skymaster Forum  

Go Back   Skymaster Forum > Messages
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Unread 11-29-10, 03:32 PM

rmorris is an unknown quantity at this point
fule lines and manifold (spider)

OK, here's the deal - I had an extra TSIO engine sitting in my kitchen (long story). So I sent the parts off that engine to Aircraft Accessories of OK for overhaul, so I could keep flying my plane while the parts wee getting overhauled. I made sure to specify that these parts were coming from one model TSIO-360 engine but going to be installed on my TSIO-360AB. They told me no problem. The fuel pump and throttle body installed with no issue. But the manifold (aka spider) is being difficult. Apparently the fuel lines that continental uses to attach to this newer style manifold are different. They are larger and have different connections (ie male, versus the old ones tha ended in a smaller female fitting. The nipples that converted the old (aka current on my plane) fule lines will not work on the new body. I need to buy new fule lines to work (or so I'm told). But no one seems to know where to get them, or even a part number. Anyone got any ideas (my mechanic and I are out of them at present)??
-Robert
rmorris@agsi.us
________
Elena ford history

Last edited by rmorris : 03-12-11 at 12:09 PM.
Unread 11-29-10, 11:01 PM
Forum Administrator

hharney is on a distinguished road
Smile

Robert
Dramas mate, you have dramas. Call ACI (link attached) and talk to Dave. Hopefully he can help steer you in the right direction or willingly take some of your money :-)

http://www.aircraftcarbs.com/

Flying the same Skymaster for 47 years
Unread 11-30-10, 02:18 AM

rmorris is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by hharney View Post
Robert
Dramas mate, you have dramas. Call ACI (link attached) and talk to Dave. Hopefully he can help steer you in the right direction or willingly take some of your money :-)

http://www.aircraftcarbs.com/
Here is the reply I received from Othman at Triad Aviation (guys who overhauled my rear engine a couple of years back):
so you need the fuel lines with male end The P/N IS 633876,633877,633878,633879,633880,633881 . If you need the lines

we can order from the factory for you .
---------------------------
I post it so the next person having this typ of an issue has a resource. I checked those part numbers at iwantcessnaparts and a couple of surplus shops. They are about $105-160/ea. So, I decided to send off my current manifold for overhaul instead of ordering six lines at those pirces.

-Robert
________
Herbal Vaporizer Reviews

Last edited by rmorris : 03-12-11 at 12:09 PM.