Skymaster Forum  

Go Back   Skymaster Forum > Messages
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 06-06-22, 09:18 PM

rmorris is an unknown quantity at this point
Prop strike, rental for Osh & sheet metal help

BumbleBee had a prop strike, so engine needs tear down. Told it will be 2-8 weeks from the time they get the engine. Looking to pull it tomorrow and drive it from NC to shop in MO (shop in NC gave 4 month timeline).

Anyway, b4 I broadcast my need to the fb c2o group. I thought I'd ask if you know a good rental option, or one I can use from someone and work it out financially.
It needs to carry wife,daughter, me, and our osh camping gear. Obviously prefer a Skymaster : )

I have a couple leads, and worse case I can just find a flight school to rent from... but checking around for options.

On a somewhat related note, lmk if you know any good sheet metal guys/gals in the Carolinas... the ones I'm talking to are backed up a bunch
Unread 06-07-22, 09:02 AM

rmorris is an unknown quantity at this point
Lower fuselage 337/T337

I have a couple bent stringers under the skin on belly of a T337C. Trying to identify good sheet metal person to help me repair properly. Occurs to me that it might also be beneficial to find a donor airplane that is being parted out to get some of the pieces needed, versus fabricating. From the IPC I am looking at, 337 sn 001 through 1969 (C & T) models all shared the same floor structure. Might even go past that 69 model...but my IPC is dated Jan1,1970, so I don't know.
These would be a few metal pieces, between lower belly skin and floor plates, that normally wouldn't be in demand from a parts plane, so hopefully someone knows a fuselage sitting somewhere that can be a donor to help keep the Bee flying.
Send me email to networkgunslinger@gmail.com

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: