Skymaster Forum  

Go Back   Skymaster Forum > Messages
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Unread 02-20-24, 02:47 PM

YankeeClipper is on a distinguished road
Auxiliary or Boost Pumps in 2024

I haven't seen a thread about this since 2010, and wondered if someone might know where to source a pump for a 69 Delta model.

First thing I'll note is that when I look at the parts manual, I see a cryptic figure index #20 which says Pump-Auxiliary fuel --- Attaching parts. Yet it points to what looks very much like a pump in the picture, and that number 1426033-3 matches what was said in the 2010 threads.

I've had no luck trying to reach any of the named or linked providers there. I see a lot of chatter about the 18000-b which is (probably) readily available from any number of Weldon pump resellers.

Here's the rub: the PMA does NOT name any model before Echo, of any type. So my IA said he can't put that in, because god forbid an accident occurred--even if unrelated to that part if investigators took notice of it he'd be in hot water.

Know where to either find a PMA for a Delta model, or just a reseller with the right part number?
Unread 02-20-24, 06:41 PM

RandyArizona is on a distinguished road
You may find it easier, and more cost effective to "find a new tech."
First question, I have... HAVE YOU looked at/touched the pump in the aircraft itself? What does it look like?
Any numbers on it?
Next: A search is quickly done:
the pump 1426033-3, has been replaced by: This product has been replaced by this part number: C291504-0201
The C291504-0201 has been replaced by: XC18000-B Or in the aircraft spruce website:
Cessna Single-Engine & 337 Aircraft 18000-B C291504-0201 Fuel Boost
08-07083
$916.00

Unless you have angered your mech tech, I am at a loss as to WHY he has dropped the ball here?!
Best of luck in finding a new mech, or finding a new pump..
Regards,
Randy
Unread 02-20-24, 06:54 PM

He didn't drop the ball--he said new is difficult to find but he could send out for overhaul with about a 2 week turn around. Then I started to look around for new. I think I still agree with him.

I saw what you refer to there, but when you go to the eligibility list, it does not include models before Echo. Even though Spruce and others say that 18000-(x) replaces 291504, it only means it replaces it where the 18000 has a PMA. I went on the FAA site and saw that it too only mentions Echo onward. I wondered if it "really mattered" since hey--same old part--why not same replacement part? Nope. If it ain't PMA'd for your aircraft it ain't legal. And while we all know it "won't matter" in any practical sense, again, it could become a liability some day if the FAA ever found their noses in my (likely wreck of an) aircraft. I called both Textron and McFarlane (who also carries the Weldon 18000) to ask if I can just use the 18000, and both said not legally.
Unread 02-20-24, 07:16 PM

Well then, it appears you have your answer.
Why did you ask, if the answer you accepted, (and evidently called Textron and McFarlane) got their answer?
My first two questions still stand.
Have you seen this pump? Touched this pump?

Aircraft spruce page, weldon pumps.. listed at the top is PMA"d pumps,
17 boxes down is :

08-07083

So, PMA'd, and listed for 337 aircraft.... Part number is correct, and if you call Weldon, I am pretty sure they will tell you it is the correct number.

OR

Don't take my word for it... Ask Weldon.

640 Golden Oak Parkway
Cleveland, Ohio 44146, USA
Info@WeldonPumps.com
PH: 440-232-2282

FX: 440-232-0606

Regards,
Randy
Unread 02-20-24, 07:22 PM

I just thought of one other thing....
YOUR maintenance manual, parts manual is up to date? Correct?
Latest and greatest version?
Perhaps a newer version has the correct part number listed, or lists a superceded part.

Regards,
Randy
Unread 02-20-24, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyArizona View Post
Well then, it appears you have your answer.
Why did you ask, if the answer you accepted, (and evidently called Textron and McFarlane) got their answer?
My first two questions still stand.
Have you seen this pump? Touched this pump?

Aircraft spruce page, weldon pumps.. listed at the top is PMA"d pumps,
17 boxes down is :

08-07083

So, PMA'd, and listed for 337 aircraft.... Part number is correct, and if you call Weldon, I am pretty sure they will tell you it is the correct number.

OR

Don't take my word for it... Ask Weldon.

640 Golden Oak Parkway
Cleveland, Ohio 44146, USA
Info@WeldonPumps.com
PH: 440-232-2282

FX: 440-232-0606

Regards,
Randy
Well quite a lot transpired between 2:47p and your response.

I called Weldon during that time, for example, and they said that they had no PMA for pre-echo. In fact, the way they concluded that was by both of us browsing together to the FAA site where the PMA documents are published. We found eight of them, none of which mentioned anything before the echo models.

I have not seen or touched the pumps myself.

I saw the box you mean that only says 337, but if you click on the link for the part on that same line (for further details) it once again only lists Echo onward.

Good question about the parts manual... I'm still new to a lot of this; where can I find an updated version?
Unread 02-20-24, 10:27 PM

Frank Benvin is an unknown quantity at this point
I bought my pumps for my 1967 337b from https://aircraftaccessoriesofok.com/

Duke 4140-00-15 This was the physical part # on my pumps Luckily I had a couple spares from a 1967 337b parts plane

They had them in stock but you must return your cores There is a core charge which they return if your cores are good I had some extra pumps kicking around so I sent them in and they confirmed that they were good cores so i was never charged the core charge

I had to replace my pumps with an original the dukes the other pumps for the newer 337's are not certified for the older models

Pull the panel and see if you can see the part # on your pump

Hope this helps

Frank

Last edited by Frank Benvin : 02-20-24 at 10:43 PM.
Unread 02-20-24, 10:46 PM

Oh I know those guys...got a governor or two from them. Didn't think to call them for an overhaul of the pump though.

Thanks for the suggestion.