Skymaster Forum  

Go Back   Skymaster Forum > Messages
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 08-07-09, 01:02 AM

aldoradave is on a distinguished road
Amsafe Airbag Harness

I need to replace my seat belts in N84E, a 73 P337, and ordered retractible harnesses from Alpha Aviation in Minnesota. They did not ask the right questions and sent me belts that use a bolt to tie into the floor. My aircraft has pins that cannot be removed under the floor, and use Hooks at the end of the belts for securing on the pins.

I talked to them and got just more confused answers so sent them back and cancelled the order ( thanks AmEx). Now I have to regroup and am wondering about the AirBag harness made by Amsafe. It seems they have a suspender like harness with airbags built in, and a floor mounted sensor to activate them in case of a serious impact. Having been the survivor of a serious car accident with air bag inflation I kinda like the concept.

But then I encountered more ineptitude by one of their "authorized" dealers who seemed to know nothing at all about the application, or if they are approved for a P337. They said they'd call back.

So, does anyone on the forum know about these things and the applicability to a 73 P337?

Thanks in Advance,

Dave Dillehay
N84E