Skymaster Forum  

Go Back   Skymaster Forum > Parts For Sale
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 09-01-18, 01:17 PM

GeneCopeland is on a distinguished road
WTB Gear Door Mod, Air Cond, Cargo Pod

I have a 1975 P337G just coming out of MX in Mena AR, after sitting for about 14 years. It is on its way to the radio shop then for upgrade to a modern Garmin Stack.
I wanted to Do the gear door mods, hang a cargo pod and maybe do Air Conditioning and “Flight Spoilers” before doing Paint and Interior Next Annual.
I am a newbe to Skymaster and welcome your direction and advice.
Looking forward to flying this ship for mostly family travel and fun.
Unread 09-01-18, 08:56 PM
Forum Administrator

hharney is on a distinguished road
The gear door mod is probably the most selected mod out there, besides STOL
It is worth it to have the door deletion kit installed. Contact RT Aerospace and they will provide you the kit, you probably won't find a second hand one out there

Air Conditioning in a P model is a nice feature. It does add some weight to the already heavy model. Depending on where you base it may be a must for the tight P model

Spoilers are one of those items that may be a "want" rather than a "need" but hey why not if you have the money

Flying the same Skymaster for 47 years
Unread 09-03-18, 07:49 AM
TAS (Thin Air Seeker)

Jerry De Santis is on a distinguished road
P337g

Hello Gene,

I have a 1975 P337G equipped with Air Cond., spoilers, gear door removal kit installed and inter coolers. All are well worth it if you can afford to do it. I love the a/c and spoilers. Cruise at 15,000 feet and when you want lower just hit the button and down you go at 400 f/m. No need to retard throttles, so shock cooling is not a worry. I do recommend inter coolers. Get a little more power with them.

Have any question send me an e-mail.

Jerrydesantis@hotmail.com

I. Owned N34EC about 20 years.

Cheers
Jerry
Unread 09-03-18, 03:14 PM

Thank you,
So the ship already has the Horton STOL kit installed.
Bought a used Cargo Pod from Owen Bell, I guess I need an Install kit for it also now.
Once the plane is at the Radio shop, I will buy the Gear Door Delete kit and have it taken back to Mena for Install of both pod and door kit.
I am sure the Air Conditioning will help as We live in North Texas and plan to base at GPM. From my time flying Corp Jets and old experience with big Motor 206, 210s and operation of 340s and 421s; shock cooling is an issue with the descent out of altitude, so are there any reasonable options you would recommend for Air Cond and Spoilers (air brakes)??
Also, looking for 12” N number placement options, currently has 8” on the tail booms, but looking to do a little close in International (Mexico, Beliz, Costa Rica and maybe Canada). Or are there any waivers available to 337s?
Thank you,
Gene and Kim Copeland
N662KC
Unread 09-04-18, 08:19 AM
TAS (Thin Air Seeker)

Jerry De Santis is on a distinguished road
A/c

My plane is equipped with the Riley air. Cond. The comp is installed off of the starter on the rear engine. On take off it should be off as it takes HP in operation, but I normal switch it on at about 500 feet agl and cools cockpit fairly quickly. I would suggest you investigate some of the newer A/C's that are all electric and can be used on ground and on take off. You may have to opt for the higher out put alternators.........not sure but somewhere in the 78 amp output range. They install them in 210's .
Unread 09-15-18, 12:56 PM

Air Cond

Ok ship is at the Radio Shop getting new Garmin stack and G5s!
Cargo Pod and Gear Door Delete are shipping for install after radios.
I’m thinking: Arctic Air or EZair portable unit for ground cooling, does anyone have any experience with theses??

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: