Skymaster Forum  

Go Back   Skymaster Forum > Messages
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Unread 06-24-02, 05:06 AM

SkyKing is on a distinguished road
AvGas Prices in Mexico, Panama, etc.???

Hey Rick Bell, Eustachu-Chachi and others outside the USA...

As you know AirNav doesn't publish AvGAs prices outside the 50 States and we're curious to know what the fuel situation and price is down in Mexico, the Carribean, and places further south like Panama, Costa Rica, Venuzela, etc., as well as across the Pacific in Australia (in U.S. Dollars... please!) Someone told me recently that auto-gas in Venuzela was .27 Cents a gallon... is that for real?

Thanks!

SkyKing
Unread 06-24-02, 07:26 AM

Jose L. Ichaso is an unknown quantity at this point
This is the price list in Venezuela:

AVGAS: 1.2 $/Gal (Has Skyrocket from 0.75 in the last four months!!)

Jet-A1: 0.64 $/Gal

Premiun unleaded:0.26 $/Gal

Diessel: 0.11 $/Gal

Regards,

J.L.I.
Unread 06-24-02, 02:00 PM

We're getting SCREWED!

Jose,

Sorry to have mis-spelled the name of your country!

As you know the USA imports a considerable amount of oil from your Venezuela, and it is simply amazing to me the disparity in fuel prices, especially in auto-gas, where we're paying anywhere from $1.40 to $1.90 a gallon... and you folks are at .26 cents a gallon! And even your "Skyrocketed" AvGas price of .75 cents a gallon is unreal... reminds me of my FBO days in the early 1970's when we were selling both 80/87 and 100LL for .65 cents a gallon. We're paying $2.30 for 100LL up here in the Pacific Northwest... and most are higher than that...$2.45 to $2.85 a gallon.

Maybe that AirBP outfit, who recently took over all the Texaco Avgas outlets across the USA, should look into buying their base product from Venezuela!!! As it stands now... there is NO competition, as everything comes out of the same tank so-to-speak, and all these Gas Robber Barons do is change the name of their "branded label".

Hey folks... all of us who own and operate airplanes are getting SCREWED royally on the price of AvGas.... but I hear nary a frowning word from anyone who publishes aviation magazines, like Flying, Private Pilot, or even General Aviaiton News... I haven't seen a one of them address the issue, have you? It's like a tabboo subject. Something's wrong with this picture.

C'mon Rick Bell, tell us what fuel is like in Mexico...

SkyKing
Unread 06-24-02, 03:10 PM

Eustacio-Chachi is an unknown quantity at this point
In Panama AVgas is $2.56 as of today
Unread 06-24-02, 09:42 PM
N69S

Bob Cook is an unknown quantity at this point
fuel prices

Bahamas is running 2.15 at Freeport and 2.25 at Marsh Harbour.

Okachobee is still cheapest at around 1.50 somewhere. Will know Thursday.

Bob
Unread 06-24-02, 10:24 PM

Jose L. Ichaso is an unknown quantity at this point
Skyking,

Venezuelan Oil Company (PDVSA , owners of Citgo, by the way), losses $800 million a year in domestic fuel supply, because of populism in the way politics has run the whole country.
Fuel is the best way to collect taxes everywhere, and I think we are a great exemption.
Unread 06-24-02, 11:34 PM

Don Hickman is an unknown quantity at this point

100LL in Cancun, MX was $3.25/gal when I was there a couple of months ago. I'm going back right after the 4th so I'll see what it is next week.
Unread 06-25-02, 11:27 AM
N456TL

Dave Underwood is on a distinguished road
And you think that's expensive!

Try buying 100LL in England and you will be in for a big shock. It is currently running at over $5.50 US a gal. As an FYI, the rest of Europe is pretty much the same and we have to pay landing fees and airways charges flying IFR as well. Unfortunately the 337 is just over the 2 metric tonne limit so airways charges acrue.

OK, I will stop bitching now because all I have to do is go back and read the poem "High Flight" and I know it is worth it.

Dave
Unread 06-25-02, 01:28 PM

User fees.... coming to the USA?

Dave,

You brought up the specter of "user fees" and this is something we here in the USA haven't had to deal with -- YET!

HOWEVER, I was talking with a controller at the Seattle Center the other day, and they've already begun warning pilots that they're scared as hell that they may lose their jobs if Bush & Company decides to "privatize" the air traffic control system... this would then unleash user fees like they have in Europe under the EU. Anybody else hear any scuttle on this?

Of course, the international organizations, under the umbrella of the UN and its International Civil Aviation Authority ("ICAO")-- that's where all of this "globalism" is coming from. It was no small accident that regulatory schemes here in the USA changed... remember when aviation weather hourly sequences with their long-standing familiarairity became "METARS"? ...And when Terminal Control Areas ("TCA's") became "Class B", "Class C" and "Class D" airspace? Uh-huh... they're getting their foot in the door--part of the conditioning. It's part and parcel of overturning our government institutions and farming everything out to privatization. They sell it to everybody on the basis of delivery of services being cheaper... it's NOT!

With goofballs like Norman Minetta at the helm as the Secretary of Transportation, I fear that our aviation trust moneys are in danger.

YIKES....$5.50 a gallon AvGas? Let's see, that's about $825 for a fill-up, if your Skymaster has long-range tanks.

SkyKing
Unread 06-26-02, 04:04 PM

Eustacio-Chachi is an unknown quantity at this point
Skyking, on the future of air navigation there are two very important issues taken into consideration at the present time. The International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) has been working with all of the member states on what is called CNS/ATM (Communication, Navigation, Surveillance and Air Traffic Management) a system that will need a huge amount of investment on each country. The problem being that must of the states will end up privatizing the system to comply with ICAO standards because of lack of funds. If you look into the ICAO web page (www.icao.int) there is plenty of information on the subject. The other subject being Free Flight, which is under study by a goverment-industry committee. But yes, the future is uncertain on how much we are going to end up paying on using air space though I do not think is going to happen in the near future.
Unread 06-27-02, 06:12 PM

rick bell is an unknown quantity at this point
baja mex runs between $4.25 to $5.00+. always top off in yuma, ariz it's $1.99 w/chevron card (cash it's $2.20 go figure)
Unread 06-27-02, 10:56 PM
Administrator

Ernie Martin is an unknown quantity at this point
Hey, Bob, rather than Okeechobee -- where avgas is $1.80 -- stop at Pahokee (PHK) and fuel up at Defcon Aviation for $1.79.

BTW, MYBG runway is done (they were considering lengthening it when they saw I bought another Skymaster, but they were too far along); will be there 6/30 - 7/14.

Ernie
Unread 06-28-02, 04:57 AM
N456TL

Dave Underwood is on a distinguished road
User Pays

SkyKing - all you have to do is look to Canada to see where things are headed.
Unread 06-28-02, 04:33 PM

User fees? NOT!

Dave,

You sound like it's a fait accompli... or a 'done deal'. It's NOT!

We have a Constitution and Domestic Laws in the USA that basically prohibit any international organization from subjugating the supremacy clause... the UN and its international organizations, unbenknowst to most, is the world-wide communist movement and they are forging ahead on many fronts with their 'New World Order'. It needs to be stopped, or as Nancy Reagan used to say, "JUST SAY NO!".

Everyone with an airplane or who flies one needs to spool-up on what these international organizations, like ICAO, are doing... and then write, fax, e-mail and in general, just become a pain in the ass for your representatives in your state legislatures and congress and tell them in no uncertain terms that you will not stand-by and let these obsequious members of the unelected leech patrol determine how and when you fly your airplane andat what cost! Privatization is wrong... we have an aviation trust fund that is already funded with user fees -- everytime you buy a gallon of gasoline and through other means of taxation already in place. Don't let ICAO or the UN undermine your rights to liberty and property.

SkyKing
Unread 06-29-02, 11:36 AM
Keven

Huh?

Skyking:

You use bigger and more foreign words than most lawyers I know!!! Hell, I don't even understand them.

Geez. Worldwide communist movement? Is that true? Wow. The former USSR comrades are going to be pissed that they didn't think of this angle before Reagan. They could have taken us down the path to destruction long ago with a lot less effort.

By the way, do you have any scoop on whether the UN and their constituency were part of that whole Kennedy assassination conspiracy thing too?

Keven
________
LovelyWendie

Last edited by Keven : 04-23-11 at 04:44 PM.