Skymaster Forum  

Go Back   Skymaster Forum > Messages
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Unread 09-03-02, 01:07 AM

Don Nieser is on a distinguished road
alternator drive

On the later model 1968 and 1969 0-2A's Cessna installed a belt driven alternator on the rear engine. On these aircraft we have not had any alternator problems. I have most of the parts if anyone is interested.
Don Nieser
Commodore Aerospace Corp
6221 Commodore Lane
Oklahoma City Ok 73162
405-722-4079 phone and FAX
405-503-4686 hangar cell phone
Unread 09-06-02, 10:12 AM
Ace of the Atmosphere

skymstr02 is an unknown quantity at this point
Belt Drive Alternator

The one big problem with that is the drive pulley bolts to the flange on the prop hub. That doesn't give you a place to bolt the spinner bulhead. According to the type certificate, A6CE, the rear spinner is required equipment.

Dave Zavoina, O-2A
68-11055
"Viet Cong HuntingClub"
Unread 09-06-02, 12:13 PM
George M. Amthor, Jr.

GMAs is on a distinguished road
Post Alternator re-location

I have a 337 form some where around here that was done where we put a 100 amp alternator on the fwd engine... we went to the junk yard and got a accessory drive unit that came off a 470 or 520 that had the belt drive pully and gear on it... its the same one that they use on the 360 to... so it went right back in... it adds a gear to the box and we had to relocate the vacuum pump to the other side... like it is now... on the later ones.. but, it all went in and then we took the regular 38 amp alternator out and plated over the hole that it had down on the bottom... with a 1/4 inch plate... for the cost it is much better... setup than using the belt drive off the front of the crank... Let me see If I can run the picture and parts listing down...

Hey dave I like your title... you need to put all that stuff under your name in the side bar... smile... I think one of the guys is starting a club out here for the FACs... from nam... GMAs