Skymaster Forum  

Go Back   Skymaster Forum > Messages
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Unread 04-25-06, 11:35 PM

Roger is an unknown quantity at this point
Manifold Pressure Guage Pipe

On my 1980-H I broke a fitting off the small diam. stainless steel pipe that runs from one side of the intake manifold to the "T" which then goes back to the manifold pressure guage.

In talking to my A&P he has noted that every model has differnet configurations of this piping and fiding this particular one is a bear.

MY question is, does anyone know of a suppleer of this pipe in length. I don't have the diam. here in front of me, but I reall it being about 1/8" O/D.

If we could buy it in length with the pressure fittings I would just form them all and replace.

tks/R
Unread 04-28-06, 12:58 PM
Ace of the Atmosphere

skymstr02 is an unknown quantity at this point
Are you sure that its not a primer line? The manifold pressure usually doesn't run thru a "T" fitting. The manifold pressure line is in the center of the induction "Y" pipe, and the primers are one both of the elbow pipes.

Please verify that you're looking for the correct line, so that you're not disappointed later on.
Unread 04-29-06, 04:21 PM

Kim Geyer is an unknown quantity at this point
I'm almost sure thats the primer line. If the line broke off at the fitting you should have enough slack to reflair it. We have priced some of those lines from cessna and the price is unreal. We did buy several lenghts of that line but I can't remember were. I'll try to find out.
Kim
Unread 05-03-06, 09:50 PM

Roger is an unknown quantity at this point
Interesting issue. Once you mentioned that it may be a primer line, it got me looking a little deeper. In fact when the new engines were put in 500 hours ago, they hooked the manifold pressure guage tube that comes out of the firewall into the "T". From there the "T" feeds into both manifolds (which is actually supposed to feed the primers).

Meanwhile they hooked the other tube (the primer) that comes through the firewall (righ above the pressure guage tube) to the single fitting which feeds into the manifold at the throttle body.

So it all worked, except it was one line priming, and two lines sensing the manifold pressure.

No wonder we couldn't find the dual manifold pressure lines in the manuals.

Now we need the right side primer line, but I would like to replace them all. If anyone has a lead on the pipe in lengths, it would be appreciated.

Thanks for the help

R.
Unread 05-09-06, 10:13 PM

stackj is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to stackj
How about the Nozzles?

Roger,

Note that the primer lines have a little ball on the end instead of a flared fitting. I think that this ball is actually a nozzle intended to atomize the fuel as it goes into the manifold. If you replace it with with a flared fitting and use the primer, you will probably be injecting liquid fuel into the manifold.
Unread 05-11-06, 08:48 PM
Ace of the Atmosphere

skymstr02 is an unknown quantity at this point
The ball terminal is not the primer nozzle, it threads on the nozzle, and the nozzle threads into the elbow on induction pipe.