Skymaster Forum  

Go Back   Skymaster Forum > Messages
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Unread 01-21-03, 09:49 PM

Kevin McDole is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: gear pressure switch

Quote:
Originally posted by skymaster mine popped a breaker. now afraid of using it. my 73 p gear pressure switch has required a couple pumps to get green light/retraction. after cycling no problem. does the pressure switch have a tweek or do the o rings leak air during colder weather. J
Skymaster,

I didn't notice your message buried in this thread earlier. When you switch topics, it's a good idea to start a new thread.

The gear pressure switch does have an adjustment. I'm not sure about your model, but in the later units, there are shims that are installed in the switch. There is a procedure for calibrating this in the service manual. Maybe that's all you'll need.

You queried about O rings leaking air, but I'm not sure which ones your referring to. The pressure switch has two O rings in it and the manual says these should be serviced every 5 years (I doubt it ever gets done). I don't know what the failure mode is for these O rings, but I would guess that it would make the switch "sticky" - not shut off when it should.