Skymaster Forum  

Go Back   Skymaster Forum > Messages
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Unread 09-13-02, 02:41 AM

SkyKing is on a distinguished road
P337 Outflow Valve (Pressurization)

Does anybody know who the manufacturer is that makes the outflow valve for the pressurization system as installed in the rear firewall? Ours is a 1977 model. I believe these are the same or similar to the units as installed on the 340, 414 and 421 twins.

The outflow valve has a brown colored phenolic bell-horn protruding into the wheel well area and is mounted at the top of the bottom firewall/bulkhead, just above the safety valve which is all metal.

It appears the control cables that pass through the wheel well area on their way up to the rear engine can rub on the phenolic material if not protected from chafing with a tie-strap, which can cause vibration and small hairline cracks to develop in the bell housing. Has anybody else checked these closely for hairline cracks?

SkyKing
Unread 09-15-02, 03:26 PM

SkyKing is on a distinguished road
Lookie-Lou's only?

My, my... I see there have been 29 'lookies' since I posted the message regarding the outflow valve on pressurized 337's, but not even one response. Does this mean that not a one of you P337 operators has ever looked at yours, or your mechanic? Hhmm. Sounds like we have a problem. What about your FUEL strainers... have you 'looked' at them... at all? Guess what folks... the shops doing your 'ANNUAL' inspections aren't either. What are YOU going to do about it? Whose responsibility is it to VERIFY that your airplane is airworthy for safe flight? Your insurance company or YOU? (See: 14 CFR 91.7 - 'Civil aircraft airworthiness')
I'll be posting a complete rundown on the fuel strainers soon.

SkyKing
Unread 09-15-02, 10:51 PM

Guy Paris is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking outflow valves

Hey, Hey, Hey, I am looking.....
Mine is a nornal asperated jobbie no outflow valves. Starting to think annual, (o) rings ms29513-111, and-138, gasket 0756009-8, Brackett filters, tires, oils&filters, etc,ect, Guy old72driver....