Skymaster Forum  

Go Back   Skymaster Forum > Recommended Destinations and Fuel Stops
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 07-13-18, 12:40 PM
Forum Administrator

hharney is on a distinguished road
OSHKOSH AirVenture 2018

This thread starts the chatter about AirVenture 2018. Who's planning go, what days, shall we get together and when / where.

For me, I will be camping at Schuller this year. I'll be there from Sunday to Saturday. I can host something if folks want to meet. I will be flying in and out on certain days to be determined but there should be ample time in the schedule to get together.

616-401-3637

Flying the same Skymaster for 47 years
Unread 07-30-18, 08:29 AM
Forum Administrator

hharney is on a distinguished road
AirVenture was a great convention this year. Could be one of the busiest that I remember in the last 10 years. Because of weather on Saturday and Sunday there were a lot of planes that had to layover and this caused some very busy arrivals when the weather finally did break on Sunday afternoon and Monday. Weather was perfect, all but Wednesday night there was a convective front that rolled through and canceled the night airshow. Tuesday and Wednesday got a little warm but after Wednesday night it never got above 75 degrees. Nights were cool with great sleeping weather and this just made the week even easier. Everything was full to capacity. Camp Scholler was packed, GAC was full and VAC was full clear to the south area. What an amazing week, did any other Skymaster lovers make the show? I was surprised to see that no one responded to this thread. I am pretty sure William from Ohio was there on Monday but we didn't get a chance to meet up and I think Michelle and Pat were there too from Ontario.

Next is the Yellowstone Flying Adventure, just too much fun this year.

Flying the same Skymaster for 47 years

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: