Skymaster Forum  

Go Back   Skymaster Forum > Messages
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 03-10-04, 10:24 PM

GJ Humphrey is an unknown quantity at this point
Front Alternator Inoperative

A few weeks ago, I flew my "new" 1973 T337G, pressurized, SN P3370063, N3CU, home to NH from IA, where I purchased it. A great flight.

Recently, upon starting the front engine, the alternator inoperative light either did not extinguish or came back on soon after engine start. The mechanic examined the connections and seemed to have solved the problem.

Thirty minutes into the next flight, the front engine alternator inoperative light came on again, with no overvoltage light.

In advance of asking the mechanic to tackle the problem again, I've been going through the various postings on the 337 websites relative to alternator problems. There are several references in those postings to comprehensive articles on the 337 electrical system written by GMAS, evidently a few years ago. I cannot now find the articles, so they must have been deleted.

Does anyone have the articles archived, or does anyone know of a comprehensive trouble-shooting guide I can provide the mechanic?

I realize that alternator problems are a rite of initiation, so I'm trying to take it all in good humor, but I would like to get to the bottom of the matter as soon as possible so I can get back to flying this wonderful machine. I need it for Sun 'n Fun and for the OKC 337 Fly-In.

Best,

GJ Humphrey