Skymaster Forum  

Go Back   Skymaster Forum > Recommended Destinations and Fuel Stops
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 09-01-08, 03:42 PM

rmorris is an unknown quantity at this point
Mexico trip report

Just wanted to share some insight on my recent trip to Mexico, for others travelling that way.

Make: Cessna
Model: T337C

FLIGHT INFO
Date of Flight: July 2008
Destination Country: Mexico
Airport of Entry: Monterrey

FUEL
Fuel Grade: Avgas
Fuel Cost/Gallon: $4.50 (approximation after currency conversion, incl facility charge)

FEES
Miscellaneous Fees: $75 (approx, forget exact but paid cash--this is for multi-entry permit)

GENERAL COMMENTS
Was taking wife to Mexico for surgery. Mexcian xairport officials were very fast and efficient. All very smooth. Would have been even smoother had I spoke Spanish . Would have been MUCH less smooth had I not had Rick Gardner from Carribean Sky Tours (see info at end of post) on my side. Rick's guide to Mexico Flying as well as making a couple of calls to Monterrey on my behalf, were of major importance to the success of this first time trip into mexico via GA.
CUSTOMS INFO
U.S. Customs Airport of Entry: Del Rio, TX
U.S. Customs Comments: Slow because they were training some new guy, but overall very pleasant. Make sure you call ahead, because they do not man the airport customs office unless notified ahead of time (think they drive order from border station). Just stay by plane until they approach you (ie stay in 'the box').

EXTRA INFO:
Would definitely recommend Rick's services if flying to Mexico. They offer everything from a guide, to full blown travel arrangements, and ala carte services in between. Call Rick to discuss your plans, and I'm sure he'll work with you on developing a game plan and fair price. Here's his contact info (from his email signature line):
Rick Gardner
General Manager
Caribbean Sky Tours
U.S. Ph: (786) 206-6147
Mex. Ph: (998) 882-0943
rgardner@caribbeanskytours.com
www.caribbeanskytours.com
________
Extreme vaporizer review

Last edited by rmorris : 03-12-11 at 11:57 AM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: