Skymaster Forum  

Go Back   Skymaster Forum > Messages
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 02-02-20, 06:53 PM

patrolpilot is on a distinguished road
Grounded

Dang, it! I dropped my "G" off at Center Line Aero (got to LUV that name!) near Pt. Lavaca, TX, yesterday for its first annual under my ownership. It is going to be a bit with the work to be done. The biggies are the Insight G4T Skymaster and their TAS-1000. They will also put in an Aernox oxygen cylinder. The avionics shop will install a 400 Hz inverter to slave the Insight Strike Finder to heading as well as the TAS-1000. The Sandel EHSI will be moved from the autopilot inverter to this standalone unit.

On the flight over to PKV from VCT, I gave myself a tough workout on all the single-engine performance profiles; holding, LPV, and LNAV approaches, multiple go-arounds at 50', power loss on takeoff at 50', even a power loss late on the take-off roll. Really, what I wanted to accomplish was to demonstrate to myself the specific pitch settings that will fly me out of trouble when the time comes.

I still have the patrol plane to fly twice a week and I'm studying the C414 as I will start flying it at the end of the month. Gon'na miss my airplane though.