Skymaster Forum  

Go Back   Skymaster Forum > Messages
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Unread 04-22-02, 11:35 AM

Frank Benvin is an unknown quantity at this point
flap problem

I took off with 1/3 flaps and heard the flap motor cut in in my hedd set several times. I watched the indicator and flaps and they were going up and down ever so slighty by them selfs but not enough to make a drastic pitch change. I tried 2/3 flaps, same problem. At full flap no problems. My mechanic checked the system and could not find a problem.
Any suggestion????
Unread 04-22-02, 12:53 PM
N69S

Bob Cook is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: flap problem

Frank

You may want to check the flap followup cable between the flap handle and the flap control up in the headliner.

There is a clamp (up top) that holds on to the outer sleeve (plastic coated). When the sleeve starts to disintigrate, it allow the cable to move around. First symptom is the flaps not coming all the way up.

You will need to replace the cable assembly with new.

You could also have a lose microswitch on the flap controller under the instrument panel. feel underneath and check they are solid. There is one for up and the other for down.

See blowup in manual.

FYI

Bob

Quote:
Originally posted by Frank Benvin
I took off with 1/3 flaps and heard the flap motor cut in in my hedd set several times. I watched the indicator and flaps and they were going up and down ever so slighty by them selfs but not enough to make a drastic pitch change. I tried 2/3 flaps, same problem. At full flap no problems. My mechanic checked the system and could not find a problem.
Any suggestion????