Skymaster Forum  

Go Back   Skymaster Forum > Messages
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Unread 07-04-21, 12:30 PM

mshac is on a distinguished road
Post Broker claims P-Model Insurors all requiring school

https://skysmith.com/category/cessna-skymaster/

In the above-referenced article, the broker makes a statement near the end "almost all pressurized aircraft will require annual school by the insurance company. Does not matter if it’s a Pressurized Skymaster or a Cessna 421".

The article discusses a low-time pilot trying to get coverage on a P337. I'm sure sim school would be required for such a newly minted pilot, but many of us "old dogs" have many thousands of hours in pressurized aircraft.

For those Skymaster owners with pressurization, do you agree with the broker's statement? Have you been required to attend annual training in order to gain or maintain your coverage?
Unread 07-04-21, 05:02 PM

Rick Erwin is on a distinguished road
No school, but an IPC in make and model annually.
Unread 07-04-21, 05:47 PM

bjornfb is on a distinguished road
I’d love to have just an IPC in make and model each year - I was doing that anyway before I bought the Skymaster. But so far all the insurance I can find requires annual school. What insurance company do you have?

Cheers,
-Bjorn
Unread 07-05-21, 02:41 PM

SkymasterRobert is on a distinguished road
AGI required annual training, I go to www.rtcpilot.com/ they have a 337 sim and then use the other sims.
Unread 07-06-21, 10:41 AM

Rick Erwin is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjornfb View Post
I’d love to have just an IPC in make and model each year - I was doing that anyway before I bought the Skymaster. But so far all the insurance I can find requires annual school. What insurance company do you have?

Cheers,
-Bjorn
Bjorn,

My agent is Maggie Anderson at Foundation Risk Partners.

She can be reached at:
the main number 502-805-3742, or
directly at 502-493-7970.
Her email is MAnderson@FoundationRP.com

Your quote might be different based on your pilot experience and the value of what they are covering for you. I hope this helps you!

Rick
Unread 07-07-21, 12:33 AM

Multimotor is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by mshac View Post
https://skysmith.com/category/cessna-skymaster/

In the above-referenced article, the broker makes a statement near the end "almost all pressurized aircraft will require annual school by the insurance company. Does not matter if it’s a Pressurized Skymaster or a Cessna 421".

The article discusses a low-time pilot trying to get coverage on a P337. I'm sure sim school would be required for such a newly minted pilot, but many of us "old dogs" have many thousands of hours in pressurized aircraft.

For those Skymaster owners with pressurization, do you agree with the broker's statement? Have you been required to attend annual training in order to gain or maintain your coverage?
Your post title says, "...all..." but Sky Smith said, "...almost all..."

Never say always and never say never.

He is correct, in the current market, in my experience. Avemco requires an annual school that is registered and approved by them. Another company required a school that was "approved by the manufacturer," or some such nonsense. It looked like boilerplate from a policy written for a biz jet. Some others declined to offer insurance.

I'm not low total time, but had zero time in any Skymaster. I got a policy that requires 5 hours dual and 5 hours solo before carrying passengers. Of course, everyone's background is different, so the deal I got might not be available to others. Maybe I got credit for First Officer pressurized time, even though the application wanted PIC time. Ridiculous, since FOs have to pass the same systems knowledge tests as captains, and use the systems operationally.

So, "almost all" required an annual school.

Those who are on the FB Skymaster site will recognize Grant Weber. I highly recommend him to anyone looking for Skymaster insurance.

Weber Insurance & Financial Services, LLC
PO Box 6350 Concord, CA 94524
(866) 604-2999
support@insurance4assurance.com