Skymaster Forum  

Go Back   Skymaster Forum > Messages
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 07-08-15, 02:28 PM

rmorris is an unknown quantity at this point
exhaust-ing

About 4 weeks back I had a very, veery small crack in the exhaust of my t337c. Taking the pipe off to see if we could get it repaired locally, the beaded ring under clamp showed great wear and a piece broke off....so took off the entire system for inspection. Overall everything looked pretty good, but Acorn in CA convinced me to send it all in for better inspection and to ensure a good fit for the repaired piece at least. They said, and I quote "send it via 2-day air to us, and you'll be back flying by next weekend"....that was a month ago. in the meantime they naturally found my entire exhaust not acceptable and after 6K finally returned my 'repaired' exhaust to me yesterday (did I mention it has been over a month now?)...went to put it on last night, and the fit is horrible. See pics. this morning I sent them link to pics and asked wth? it took 3 hours to get a phone call back. So far not an Acorn fan.

question I have for others with T-models...see the pic where the collector and elbow coming up from turbo are so far off? I am concerned not just with the huge gap, which they say they will look at and fix, but at the extreme angle in which they meet up. Roy at acorn tells me that huge angle is normal for our planes, and that they never meet up at a perfect angle...really? That huge of an angle for the tow pieces to meet. anyone got pics of their exahust in that area they can share?
Attached Files
File Type: pdf LHcollectornotfit.pdf (246.1 KB, 909 views)
File Type: pdf LHcollectornotfit2.pdf (227.9 KB, 931 views)
File Type: pdf bypassnotfit.pdf (211.9 KB, 893 views)