Skymaster Forum  

Go Back   Skymaster Forum > Messages
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 10-24-03, 05:56 PM
Keven

$700 from Nashville

Folks:

I still have the $700.00 from Nashville, and I was going to set up an LLC and a bank account for the funds. However, my associate, much smarter than myself, stated that if we set up an LLC, we'll have to have "members" to the LLC (presumably the 14 folks that donated the $50 each to assist in putting annual meetings together). Then, those members will have to receive K1s each year for tax purposes. So, maybe a 501(c)(3) non-profit corporation really is the way to go. My problem with that arrangement is that we will still have to file tax returns and incur accounting fees unless there is an accountant in the group that is willing to donate his time to do so.

I don't have a problem with donating my time to set up the non-profit corp, LLC, or whatever we decide to do, but it's really a decision that should be made by the group, and not just me. If you all agree to let me make the decision, I'll be happy to do it and probably set up the non-profit group and see if we can get a cheap accountant to file the form annually. But I'm not an accountant and can't file the forms. We will then have to elect a board and some officers, again for tax and check signing purposes. I'll be happy to take care of all of that, including by-laws, notices, etc. I just need some direction.

Further, the original purpose of the money, if I recall correctly, was to assist in the costs of the annual meeting, give some money to Kevin for the Board, and repay Larry for the projector and AV aids he rented for the Nashville meeting. Let me know what you want done with the money and I'll be happy to do it.

$500 is in cash, and the other $200 results from 4 checks for $50 each. The checks have not been cashed, and may be stale, thus, I would need to send them back to the folks who wrote them, and have them send me another newer check. The four who wrote checks are:

Guy Paris
Paul Rooy/Royal Aviation, Inc.
Brian Von Herzen / Rapid Prototypes, Inc.
Larry Bowdish

Let me know and I'll proceed accordingly.

Thanks,

Keven
________
EmoBabes

Last edited by Keven : 04-23-11 at 05:03 PM.