Skymaster Forum  

Go Back   Skymaster Forum > Messages
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Unread 02-29-24, 12:41 AM

Hwolf is on a distinguished road
Pressurization issues

I bought a P337G 2 weeks ago, previous owner told me pressurization did now work well. Last weekend I flew her over the Sierras, and went to 12,500ft.
There was some semblance of pressurization, cabin was able to be 2000 Ft below the actual altitude, The altitude controller worked fine as at lower altitudes it would match the altitude setting, but was never able to get more than a 2000Ft difference.
I would expect a leak somewhere, be said the inflatable door seal is fairly new, but will not build pressure, pump works, makes pressure, but fails to stop, so there is a leak somewhere in that seal or the feed line for it.
Closing the door I can hear a clear hissing sound underneath the panel, so there has to be a valve there, where is that valve ?
I also looked in the Air scoops on the leading edge of each wing, both wings show 2 different flow routings internally. The maintenance manual I have does not specify where they go to, I do see there should be a Cabin Pressure check valve, where is that valve ? Looking into the right hand airscoop I see a brown/orange valve looking thing, its springy, is this the check valve ?
The left hand airscoop is missing that item.

I am very good in fixing things, done 4 STC's for Cessna, and one for Cirrus.
I want to fix this myself, as I really want to know how this airplane works.
She is a delight to fly, and I always have wanted to own a 337.

Suggestions ?
Thanks.

Henri Wolf.
Hwolf@airdata.US
Unread 02-29-24, 09:45 AM

Dr.Dan is on a distinguished road
I can't upload the pdf for some reason. But if you google "cessna light twin pressurization manual" there is a pdf from aeroelectric that I found quite helpful in understanding how the system works.

DD
Unread 03-01-24, 09:15 AM

Rick Erwin is on a distinguished road
Hi Henri,

I think the valves you are looking for are located at the juncture of the sidewall and the ceiling, above the R4 and L4 windows. (That's counting the front windscreens as R1 and L1.

There is a valve for each wing root fresh air vent. If there is more pressure on the cabin side of the valve, the valve closes keeping the pressurized air in the cabin. Conversely, if the cabin is unpressurized, there is more pressure on the wing root side of the valve, which allows fresh air from the wing root to flow into the cabin.

Rick
Unread 03-01-24, 11:42 AM

MD83driver is on a distinguished road
You said you had heard hissing sound under the panel, the only two places I know that are potential leaks are the 2 access cover in front of the windshields and the boot around the nose wheel steering rod, it holds pressure. I had just installed Cessna Service Kit SK337-45B to strengthen the nose wheel steering actuator pivot and found some minor holes in my boot.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_4587_resized.jpg (383.6 KB, 78 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4593_resized.jpg (380.5 KB, 76 views)

Last edited by MD83driver : 03-01-24 at 12:12 PM.
Unread 03-07-24, 05:49 PM
Forum Administrator

hharney is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by MD83driver View Post
You said you had heard hissing sound under the panel, the only two places I know that are potential leaks are the 2 access cover in front of the windshields and the boot around the nose wheel steering rod, it holds pressure. I had just installed Cessna Service Kit SK337-45B to strengthen the nose wheel steering actuator pivot and found some minor holes in my boot.
I think he is referring to the door seal system

Flying the same Skymaster for 47 years