Skymaster Forum  

Go Back   Skymaster Forum > Messages
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Unread 10-22-15, 07:23 AM

chrisktx is on a distinguished road
Pennycap

Saw a bunch of 10 year old threads on the Pennycap...so I thought I'd start a fresh thread..

The FL202 by Aerospace Logic looks like a promising replacement for the fuel gauges, $700 or so. This would be for the 1974 337G model.

Aerospace Logic FL202

The FL2XX units are approved for install in the 337G, with the beloved Pennycap system

Long story short, had the conditioning box overhauled. Checked cleaned all the grounds, checked the connectors, replaced the old .093 9 pin Molex connector on the conditioning box for good measure, have had the senders pulled out of tanks. Anyway.....
Our avionics installer believes the senders are good (will verify later this week), but he believes it's more of an instrumentation problem when he jumps the reference wire/pin to each of the fuel gauge pins/output wire via the Molex connector...(gauges should read full when this is done, confirming the gauges are inop)

Researching other options to replace the fuel gauges, I've 'heard' you can't get the old circuit board panel gauges overhauled (I could be wrong) and the FL202 looks promising. Short of replacing the entire engine gauge cluster with something fancy (JPI has a $7,000+ solution), anyone out there use this Aerospace Logic gauge?