Skymaster Forum  

Go Back   Skymaster Forum > Messages
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Unread 01-07-08, 11:26 AM

Agapeflights is an unknown quantity at this point
Nose Gear Mod

I am inspecting a T337G for the first time and upon inspection of the nose gear, came across non standard axle and bearing. Is there a heavy duty mod on the nose gear? The number on the bearing is NTN-LM29749 and the wheel half P/N is C991094-5(Cessna #) or 40-30660 (Cleveland). The original parts catalog does not list any mods. Any advice how to proceed? The bearings need to be replaced and we want to have a correct match(FAA-PMA).
________
COACH HANDBAGS

Last edited by Agapeflights : 04-29-11 at 05:43 AM.
Unread 01-07-08, 04:39 PM
Administrator

Ernie Martin is an unknown quantity at this point
My parts catalog does not show any such numbers. The nose wheel design changed in the middle of the '73 run (S/N 1568 has old design, S/N 1569 the new design), but none shows your part numbers. Nor have I ever heard of a heavy-duty nose gear assy, unless the 0-2 has one and this came from one.

Suggest two things. Call Don Nieser at 405-503-4686 or 405-722-4079 and see if he can help. If he can't help, go to a good bearings supplier with your old bearing and get a replacement.

Incidentally, per Matt Rogers' suggestion in another message that Agape Flights was looking for an aircraft that can be "rented, borrowed, loaned, leased", I offered my 1973 Skymaster at a deeply discounted rate (I'm in Miami), but there was no interest.

Ernie

Last edited by Ernie Martin : 01-07-08 at 06:13 PM.
Unread 01-07-08, 08:03 PM
Ace of the Atmosphere

skymstr02 is an unknown quantity at this point
That is the incorrect wheel assemby per Parker-Hannifan's web site:

http://www.parker.com/ag/WBD/Cleveland/pdf/WB01.pdf

It should be a 40-140A.

If you are inspecting the airplane, it does not meet the type design with that wheel on the axle.
Unread 01-07-08, 09:49 PM

Kim Geyer is an unknown quantity at this point
Your part may not be correct. That wheel was made by McCauley which was bought out by Cleveland. My Cessna manual shows the Cessna P/N and the McCauley P/N D-30665. Your P/N 40-30660 is the number for a main wheel. Same wheel just no brake disc. and wrong part number.That wheel most likely goes on a 172. skymstr02 is correct, if you order a new wheel you will get a 40-140A because the D-30665 isn't made anymore. All 5 of our Skymasters have the D-30665 wheels on them.
Hope this helps
Kim

Last edited by Kim Geyer : 01-07-08 at 10:10 PM.
Unread 01-08-08, 11:22 AM

Agapeflights is an unknown quantity at this point
Thanks to all for confirming what I thought. Examining the records, I cannot find any notice of this "change". Not being familiar with this aircraft, I wanted to be sure there was not something I was overlooking.

Ernie, we are always grateful for offers of help. I am sorry if we have not expressed this. Our desire, as Matt would tell you, is for this type of craft to be stationed in Hispanola and delivering cargo to outlying airports on the Island. This is our current need. Even at your discounted rate, it is not practical to move our cargo to Haiti in a skymaster. We would certainly love it if someone would volunteer services for a few weeks/months moving cargo within Hispanola. We are a non-profit ministry that operates on the gifts and donations of caring individuals and groups. To make the best use of these gifts, sometimes we have to say "no" to an offer of help when it is not practical. We certainly are thankful for your consideration during our time of need.
________
TOYOTA M ENGINE HISTORY

Last edited by Agapeflights : 04-29-11 at 05:43 AM.
Unread 01-08-08, 12:52 PM
Administrator

Ernie Martin is an unknown quantity at this point
No problem. I just wanted you to know that Matt's request posted on this Board had not gone unheeded.

Ernie