Skymaster Forum  

Go Back   Skymaster Forum > Messages
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 03-21-16, 02:39 PM

rmorris is an unknown quantity at this point
another cracked spinner

First - our 337s will fly without a spinner just fine, very low perf hit if any....don't ask me how I know....just know that the FAA guy told me that we can't fly them without the spinner solely because they were certified with them on...

OK, so here's my issue...I've owned the BumbleBee for about 9 years now...think I am now going on my 4th or 5th spinner, and several of the times didn't catch it in time and also had to replace the backplate.

The cost of the spinner and backplate are outrageous, as removed combos run from $600-2k (and good luck finding the $600 sets)....new are in the 4.5-6k range. crazy for a couple of pieces of aluminum.

I was seriously thinking about looking to buy the MT props at sun n fun, but now have to sink a couple of thousand into replacing my spinner and backplate yet again.

no, the front prop has not been balanced since owning the plane, and is the only thing I can think of that would cause these recurring problems. New engine and crankshaft, so prop balancing is the only thing, right?

anyone else have problems with these front spinners and backplates? for sources these past few days I checked:
-Dodson, Preferred, KNR, AZ Aviation Salvage, Texas Aviation Salvage, ASOD
-also sent emails to Owen Bell and Neiser, neither responded as of yet
...other obvious sources I missed?