Skymaster Forum  

Go Back   Skymaster Forum > Messages
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 03-07-19, 02:33 PM

edasmus is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to edasmus
SkyBeacon for my SkyMaster

Just had my IA install the u-Avionix SkyBeacon ADS-B OUT 978 UAT on the pilot side wing tip of my 1973 C337G during the annual inspection. After emailing u-Avionix with pictures of my wing tip configuration, they assured me installing the unit under the plastic lens would cause no problem for SkyBeacon. I was also concerned about the proximity to my strobe light immediately behind the SkyBeacon and they assured me that it would cause no interference either. I do have the option of running another power wire to the unit and utilizing the SkyBeacon's strobe light however at this time I chose not to do that for simplicity of the install.

I have not had the opportunity to configure the unit as of yet however the app provided by uAvionix looks very straight forward. I will do this after completion of the annual inspection as well as take a flight and have the FAA email a status report of my ADS-B OUT performance. I'll report back then with results.

The install was very easy with the trimming of the plastic lens cover to accommodate the blade antenna taking the most time. My IA said 2 hours in all.

Attached are two photos....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1175.JPG
Views:	1150
Size:	907.2 KB
ID:	1936   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1177.JPG
Views:	1159
Size:	899.0 KB
ID:	1937