Skymaster Forum  

Go Back   Skymaster Forum > Messages
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Unread 07-25-06, 03:19 PM

tleitch is an unknown quantity at this point
what's it worth?

I had a dealer tell me that VREF over values equipment in general. But when I look at listings for 337p's the offered prices are way over VREF, which I was told was already too high.

Then, when I look at the rocket mod, it's even further out of line.

My question is, what is a fair price for a 337 and how do you value a riley mod on top of that worth?
Unread 07-27-06, 08:22 PM

mikec is an unknown quantity at this point
I am not sure you can go by Vref for a Skymaster. A 210 works out pretty close to the market price though due to volume.

There aren't enough Skymasters to create a good baseline for valuation IMHO. I found when buying mine 4 months ago that you look at the market and the models available and buy the one equipped best for your needs that is reasonably priced compared to the others on the market.

Riley conversion? Not sure how much that should command. Example, Skymaster #1 I almost bought fared well features etc, and was a touch high vs market but was advertised as a clean aircraft. Didn't even come close to passing pre-buy. But a good look at all the "added options" they were all dated due to an OLD Riley conversion. By the time I did the updates my mission and personality required I would have 350K in it.

I rejected the plane and 3 days later a new one came on the market. Not Riley, but a clean low time unit. Bought that one. It is now being refurbished with avionics, gauges, panel, interior and when done I will have a Riley equivilant that is new, and only about $ 225K in it.

I think I will be happy.

Mike
Unread 07-27-06, 11:41 PM
Keven

Mike C

Where are you in Ohio? I get to Sporty's and Don Scott quite a bit because I have family at each.

Keven Kenison
________
Brunette Sex

Last edited by Keven : 04-23-11 at 05:20 PM.
Unread 07-27-06, 11:43 PM

KyleTownsend is an unknown quantity at this point
Prices creeping up?

Antecdotally, it appears to me that Skymaster prices have been on the rise for the past year or so (esp. P-models). Considering the blood-bath that other piston twins have been suffering, I find this surprising.

Perhaps it is the relative fuel economy of the skymasters?
Unread 07-28-06, 03:54 AM

mikec is an unknown quantity at this point
I am in northern Ohio. Plane is at LPR.

Mike
Unread 07-28-06, 03:17 PM

tleitch is an unknown quantity at this point
Thanks Mike. How old were the Riley mods? pre 1990? Were they on a '73 p337?

As for the increasing value of 337's, I've noticed a lot of p210's come on and the prices are dropping way below VREF. Since the p210 is even more efficient than the 337, I'm not sure it's efficiency that's driving the 337 up in value IMOH. My guess would be more to Mike's point, there's such a small market it wouldn't take much.