Skymaster Forum  

Go Back   Skymaster Forum > Messages
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 08-20-02, 10:57 AM

Guy Paris is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile

Iromero,

There is a lot to take into account. log book inspection would tell a lot and I would have to say everything isn't always put in the logs. Engine times and prop and govenor times plus age since o/h on props, when I had my props o/h one of my blades had a crack in the flange, I will use it some day should make a nice mail box post.... The hydraulic power pac, has it ever been o/h. Time and age on engine hoses and hydraulic hoses, mag inspections, alternator inspections, actuator inspections for leaks there are a bunch of them, corrosion, glass condition, instruments (when o/h), and so on. Get someone (A mech) who knows Skymasters to really look it over with you, a good pre purchace inspection would be worth its weight in GOLD, one bordering on being a annual, maybe even an annual at that time and if things don't look good along the way and you can't come to some sort of a compromise, close it up and move on. Over the years I have done all of the above and then some. Last annual I had the nose gear removed and gone thru, suprised what one will find. Looks real good all spiffied up too. Took out the main gear actuators and changed all the O rings etc. I have boots on mine and some of the valves needed to be addressed too. Good luck! Guy Paris N1312L....

Last edited by Guy Paris : 08-20-02 at 04:31 PM.