Skymaster Forum  

Go Back   Skymaster Forum > Messages
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Unread 11-07-11, 06:13 PM

rick bell is an unknown quantity at this point
Aah - Crap !!!!!!!!!!!!

the fat lady is ready to come out of annual except the strut doors were repaired incorrectly
so that the curvature does not match up with the belly skin and do not close all the way. does anyone know of a salvaged p337 (i think all late model are the same) that still has the strut doors (not the clam shell doors). two years ago i tried all the usual sources and they all wanted an ASTRONOMICAL price. would be grateful if anyone spots a couple

all restored except for these two items and off we go !! - rick

e-mail "alshaprton@earthlink.net"
Unread 11-07-11, 06:18 PM

Red Air Rambo is on a distinguished road
I think "Skymaster Don" in OKC is parting out one right now...I just got a fuel gauge and interior overhead light from him.

Brent

Don's phone#'s
Phone: 405.722.4079 Cell: 405.503.4686
nieser.02.337parts@juno.com

Last edited by Red Air Rambo : 11-07-11 at 06:22 PM.
Unread 11-07-11, 09:26 PM

SkyMac is on a distinguished road
Hello Rick

Great to hear the old girl is getting close, I would make contact with Mike Hudson as he still has a very good R/H strut door of a G model.

Mike is located in Nashville NC, I visited him once again a week ago on my most recent trip to the states, it was still there then.

I grabbed the L/H one a few months back, I would say you would be looking for around the $400 mark + shipping, much cheaper.

I spent about two hours hand filing the door to ensure correct gap clearance, so be prepared to do the same. Mind you I have been doing the same with all my original doors and cowls to ensure uniform / adequate clearance.

He is a member of the forum and you will see him on the parts for sale, here is his email contact mhudson.bsme@yahoo.com

Regards
Dave

Last edited by SkyMac : 11-07-11 at 10:33 PM.
Unread 11-30-11, 04:37 PM

rick bell is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyMac View Post
Hello Rick

Great to hear the old girl is getting close, I would make contact with Mike Hudson as he still has a very good R/H strut door of a G model.

Mike is located in Nashville NC, I visited him once again a week ago on my most recent trip to the states, it was still there then.

I grabbed the L/H one a few months back, I would say you would be looking for around the $400 mark + shipping, much cheaper.

I spent about two hours hand filing the door to ensure correct gap clearance, so be prepared to do the same. Mind you I have been doing the same with all my original doors and cowls to ensure uniform / adequate clearance.

He is a member of the forum and you will see him on the parts for sale, here is his email contact mhudson.bsme@yahoo.com

Regards
Dave
thanks Dave, i contacted Mike and he is shipping it