Skymaster Forum  

Go Back   Skymaster Forum > Aircraft For Sale
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 07-02-20, 12:09 AM

flyag1 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffAxel View Post
N27JA is not pressurized if the picture I saw of it is correct.
Your absolutely correct Jeff, no Turbos either. Maybe that's why I never called on that one.

I'm sure there is a good one out there, just gotta find that needle in the hay.
Unread 08-11-20, 05:17 PM

basloane is an unknown quantity at this point
Full disclosure, I am planning to sell my aircraft,... N187. We had it on the market last winter, but de-listed it because of this virus business ( plane is in Canada and border crossings are difficult ).
That having been said, may I suggest finding a solid plane that needs engines and paint, possibly interior. You can give it the paint job you want, then put remans in both ends. You will be able to have more confidence in the engines knowing where they were overhauled....
As for my plane, it carried my across the Atlantic Ocean in 2006 and gave me 10 wonderful years in the Middle East flying to golf courses and dive spots on the weekend in Dubai, Bahrain, Abu Dhabi and Oman... Even a couple of fly-ins in Kuwait and Saudi Arabia.
No de-ice, but I don't really feel I need it. With 5+ hours of endurance, detours are easy.
Unread 08-14-20, 01:38 PM

Multimotor is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyag1 View Post
I tried but could not work with the dealer: then I contacted the owner and he referred me back to the dealer.

You would not believe the text message I have on my phone from that dealer himself.... it's shocking to say the least. I also talked to a couple of locals that know the dealer and they said stay away... Now these are A&P's and IA's that work in the Area.

Sadly this airplane is less then a 2 hour drive from my front door... go figure.
Wow, how hard is it to say, "I represent Skymaster NXXX, the asking price is $XXX, when would you like to see it"?

It does seem to be well presented on line, with lots of pictures and the log books, and on the plus side, the asking price has gone down $7,000. Where did the broker go wrong?
Unread 08-21-20, 03:42 AM

mshac is on a distinguished road
Here is a good flying video of N2QF: https://youtu.be/NGuyk9LY_nw

Is Dan Howard related to Baron Thomas? Seriously, there are a few shady used airplane brokers out there. I wouldn't list my airplane with one of them, I'd sell it myself.

You would love my '78 P-model, but I just bought it and have no plans to sell anytime soon.

My son asked me today what my favorite airplane is that I've owned. I've had 150s, Tomahawks, 172s, Bonanzas, Geronimos, B58 Barons, B55 Barons, Twin Bonanzas, 310s - but I told him the P337H may be my all-time favorite!!!

If you ever feel like your Skymaster is not the most efficient airplane, just remember you could be flying a Twin Bonanza at 165 knots burning 34 GPH!

Last edited by mshac : 08-21-20 at 03:52 AM.
Unread 08-21-20, 05:36 PM

Thumbs up N18jl

This P337 is for sale. It even has its own dedicated website: http://www.cessna337.com/

Looks like a beautiful aircraft!
Unread 08-25-20, 02:09 PM
Forum Administrator

hharney is on a distinguished road
Has anyone looked at N5GY at Skymaster Center? H model pressurized Just curious

https://skymaster.com/product/1978-c...ssurized-337h/

Flying the same Skymaster for 47 years

Last edited by hharney : 08-25-20 at 09:52 PM.
Unread 08-25-20, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hharney View Post
Has anyone looked at N5GY at Skymaster Center? H model pressurized Just curious
Looks like it has every option you can possibly get, with the glaring exception of AIR CONDITIONING. If I'm gonna drop that kind of change, I don't want to be sweating as I fly off.

Did you notice the antique-looking electric fan it had mounted on the rear bulkhead? Definitely an owner add-on.
Unread 08-26-20, 12:34 PM

N458dc

Yet another nice P337H not heretofore mentioned: https://coffmancompanies.com/-listin...kymaster-337h/
Unread 09-08-20, 12:42 PM

rbose is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by mshac View Post
Yet another nice P337H not heretofore mentioned: https://coffmancompanies.com/-listin...kymaster-337h/
Old listing. Sold over 4 years ago, apparently.
Unread 11-21-20, 11:59 AM

S019 is on a distinguished road
Same story plays out again

So, I had emailed the broker to ask about the plane. No response still after a week and a half. Clearly he has no interest in making any deals or properly representing the seller. That plane has pretty much been inactive and likely to take a bit of work which makes it even more important to answer inquiries to interest in my opinion. And looks like it is just going to sit longer. Can't say I'm surprised by this action though. It's sad to know that plane is likely to continue to rot away because of the lack of motivation of the broker.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyag1 View Post
I tried but could not work with the dealer: then I contacted the owner and he referred me back to the dealer.

You would not believe the text message I have on my phone from that dealer himself.... it's shocking to say the least. I also talked to a couple of locals that know the dealer and they said stay away... Now these are A&P's and IA's that work in the Area.

Sadly this airplane is less then a 2 hour drive from my front door... go figure.
Unread 11-21-20, 08:06 PM

The games people play: I received a text from one of the locals in mid July saying the owner pulled the plane off the market. However it is still listed as for sale and the price keeps going down. Started around $120K and now it's in the mid $90's. Not only are we seeing a lot of junk on the market, many are being listed by deplorable's

Quote:
Originally Posted by S019 View Post
So, I had emailed the broker to ask about the plane. No response still after a week and a half. Clearly he has no interest in making any deals or properly representing the seller. That plane has pretty much been inactive and likely to take a bit of work which makes it even more important to answer inquiries to interest in my opinion. And looks like it is just going to sit longer. Can't say I'm surprised by this action though. It's sad to know that plane is likely to continue to rot away because of the lack of motivation of the broker.
Unread 11-22-20, 11:56 AM

JimC is on a distinguished road
I've bought planes before by going directly to the owner. A search of the FAA database will get you the owner's name (if lucky) or more likely an LLC name. It's then just a little bit of google-fu to find the actual person behind the LLC - it's usually not hard as long as it's not a Delaware LLC.

Which tail numbers are you having trouble with?
Unread 11-22-20, 01:42 PM

Hey Jim,
Yeah I've been down that road also, I have the cell number of the owner. I've also talked to a few owners of planes before they were listed on the open market. So believe me I've been working on finding a great P337. Just no luck to date on finding even a good airplane to start with.

I would be all over this one if it were Pressurized or for that matter turbo charged without P. Not saying I would buy based on ad, but I would for sure take a trip to see and view the logs. It looks promising on paper and in photos to be a great 337. But you don't know until you see for yourself.

Either way turbo charged is a must for my mission and P is becoming part of a preference vs. a must have.

https://www.trade-a-plane.com/search...-type=aircraft

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimC View Post
I've bought planes before by going directly to the owner. A search of the FAA database will get you the owner's name (if lucky) or more likely an LLC name. It's then just a little bit of google-fu to find the actual person behind the LLC - it's usually not hard as long as it's not a Delaware LLC.

Which tail numbers are you having trouble with?
Unread 01-17-21, 07:23 AM

frank.oconnor19 is on a distinguished road
I have a very well appointed P337G with engines 800 rear, 400 front. Glass panel, full deice. 9/10 paint 8/10 interior. Well maintained. Thinking about buying a 340A. I am considering sale at 180k. If you have any interest please message me. This plane is not currently listed for sale anywhere.
Unread 05-20-21, 10:04 PM

horsepilot is on a distinguished road
P337

I’m looking to buy a P337
Will you please send me the specs
Thanks
Bob

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: