Skymaster Forum  

Go Back   Skymaster Forum > Messages
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 4.50 average. Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 10-20-12, 12:01 AM

kdiel11 is on a distinguished road
News from N2334S

Well guys I got the tailbooms off and loaded the plane sideways on a trailer and transported it 40 miles to its new home in a hangar while we work out the kinks from the belly landing. I'll try and post pics of the move if I can figure out how to do it. KD

9-21-12 I have the plane fully depanelled and the interior stripped out and have a few questions.
1) Just how involved is the removal of the power pack? NTSB wants it for testing/teardown so I was wondering how extensive it is to remove. From looking up in there, it looks like a lot of hydraulic lines with little or no remove to remove them from the unit. So any words of wisdom would be greatly appreciated.

2) I noticed on pulling my ARC-400 control panel out that it has provisions for a heading knob on the right side of the panel face. I was always under the understanding that to have heading it would be a ARC-401. Can the 400 be adapted in anyway to actually hold a heading? From a GPS? A VOR?

3) Has anyone removed the landing gear from a plane recently? I would like to sent them off for powdercoating along with the wheels. I know it need to be raised some from normal height to rotate the gear in order to get to the bold on top of the gear. Just how much does it need to be raised. We are talking to completely swing the gear just enough to get them off.

Any help with any of these questions would be greatly appreciated. KD

Last edited by kdiel11 : 10-21-12 at 10:59 PM.