Skymaster Forum  

Go Back   Skymaster Forum > Messages
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 4.50 average. Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 02-13-05, 09:09 PM

Pat Schmitz is an unknown quantity at this point
Marathon Key, FL

I flew from Iowa on Friday/Saturday to Marathon Key, Florida.

When I arrived - I found another skymaster here on the field - does it belong to anyone in the group?

I had to take advantage of the GREAT weather we had last Thur/Fri to make a quick trip down here... Had a 70 Knot Tailwind at 11,500'..... GPS said 255 - 265 knots....

For those that are unsure about flying to Key West in May... I 'HIGHLY' recommend it.. This was my first trip over the turquoise waters.... It was FABULOUS. Having experienced this for the first time, I can only say I wish I lived closer to Florida - I'd be here every other weekend! For a midwesterner... the weather here was a much needed break from the usual low ceiling/fog this time of year.

I hope to be back in May, but it falls right after my annual, so if there are any squawks - it might keep me from making the trip in the 337.. :-(

I'll post more pictures later - unfortunately those taken over the keys were accidently deleted when I copied the files from the digital camera... We'll be back up again in the next day or two before heading home... will post more then!

Pat
Attached Images
File Type: jpg img_2175.jpg (502.2 KB, 1201 views)