Go Back   Skymaster Forum > Messages
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 09-28-02, 07:08 PM
Administrator

Ernie Martin is an unknown quantity at this point
Help...Gear Won't Come Up

GMAs et al, can you help me?

Today, on my '73 non-turbo 337G, coming out of a Bahamian island, the gear won't come up. Green gear light stays on, there's no evidence (sound, drag) that the gear is trying to come up and then I notice that the red undervoltage lights come on and stay on after I put the gear handle back down. So I recycle (avionics switch off, alternators off, master off, wait a couple of seconds, then master on, alternators on, avionics switch on). After recycle, the electrical looks OK (no red lights, normal 27+ voltage). I try to put the gear back up and I get the same results (red lights, etc.). After another recycle, I give up (I'm alone, trying to fly the plane, and concerned that if on one of the tries the doors stay open, then the drag won't let me get to Miami with the fuel I've got). I confirm that the doors are closed and fly back to Miami with the gear down.

What should we look for? I already checked the dipstick on the powerpack and found it OK. My A&P knows Skymasters like the back of his hand, but he knows the earlier version with engine driven hydraulic pump(s). It doesn't seem to be a fuse, because the powerpack seems to be drawing power, perhaps excess power. What besides the powerpack (which was overhauled in '99)?

Would appreciate any help anyone can give me.

Ernie

Last edited by Ernie Martin : 10-02-02 at 05:54 PM.